Saw

Discussion in 'AnyDVD HD (DVD issues)' started by EAGLE1769, Nov 11, 2007.

1. EAGLE1769

EAGLE1769 New Member

I am new here and recently purched slysoft anydvd. I am trying to make a backup copy of SAW, and keep getting a cyclic redundance error and it will not copy. Any one else have this problem? I was able to back up saw 2, and 3 with no problem's, but 1 will not back up. Any input would be helpful.

2. Spanky

Spanky Well-Known Member

That usually indicates a problem with the original disk. Try cleaning the disk, a little Windex will sometimes work wonders.

3. Clams

Clams Well-Known Member

ya... Saw 1 had no strange protection at all... it's prolly the disk.

-W

4. Webslinger

Webslinger Retired Moderator

Download Nero cd-dvd speed. It's a free program. With Anydvd running in the background, select the tab labeled "scandisc". Select the appropriate drive letter, and click "start". If Nero cd-dvd speed reports read errors, your disc is (probably) bad and needs to be exchanged--even if it plays fine (or your optical drive could be slowly dying).

Last edited: Nov 11, 2007
  5. Avi8tor

Avi8tor Member

Definitely sounds like either a dirty or bad source disk. If you're still having problems after cleaning the disk, google and download Vso Inspector (it's free) and scan the disk....if it shows any read errors it's a bad disk.

6. EAGLE1769

EAGLE1769 New Member

Thank's for the replies. I downloaded the program, and will give it a try.

7. EAGLE1769

EAGLE1769 New Member

Problem solved

I borrowed another copy and gave it another try. Worked great the first time which mean's there is a problem with my original disk. Thank's for the help.