• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Saw III

Cobalt

I know I'm using the lastest version of Any Dvd 6.1.1.4. I've never had any problems with copying movies until now. I'm having a serious issue with Saw III. This is my fifth copy and now once the movie is 10% into the beginning process I'm getting an error code as if the disc is dirty and I know that's not the case. Last week it said that it was trying to repair errors on the disc and stopped this week it says the disc is probably dirty, but I haven't had any issue with any other movie, but this one. I read every post on the sight about this movie and haven't seen any solutions. What can I do to copy this movie?

Summary for drive E: (AnyDVD 6.1.1.4)
PHILIPS DVD8421 6H01 MYJU23195C
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Media is a Data DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 2084960 sectors (4072 MBytes)
Total size: 4169920 sectors (8144 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: Saw_3_Unrated
Media is CSS protected!
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is locked to region(s): 1!

RCE protection not found.
DVD structure appears to be correct.
Found & removed structural copy protection (Arccos, Puppetlock)!
Found & removed bogus title set!
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Found & removed 89 bad sector protections!
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!:confused:

If you read the threads you'll find a list of at least 4 or 5 rippers (including CloneDVD and Nero Recode) that WILL rip Saw3 with AnyDVD.

Not all rippers will rip SAW3 with the current version of AnyDVD.

-W

Open Season

I am also using that version and have problems with Saw III, as well as Open Season. Is there is a solution to both of these movies?

I know I'm using the lastest version of Any Dvd 6.1.1.4. I've never had any problems with copying movies until now. I'm having a serious issue with Saw III. This is my fifth copy and now once the movie is 10% into the beginning process I'm getting an error code as if the disc is dirty and I know that's not the case. Last week it said that it was trying to repair errors on the disc and stopped this week it says the disc is probably dirty, but I haven't had any issue with any other movie, but this one. I read every post on the sight about this movie and haven't seen any solutions. What can I do to copy this movie?

Summary for drive E: (AnyDVD 6.1.1.4)
PHILIPS DVD8421 6H01 MYJU23195C
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Media is a Data DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 2084960 sectors (4072 MBytes)
Total size: 4169920 sectors (8144 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: Saw_3_Unrated
Media is CSS protected!
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is locked to region(s): 1!

RCE protection not found.
DVD structure appears to be correct.
Found & removed structural copy protection (Arccos, Puppetlock)!
Found & removed bogus title set!
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Found & removed 89 bad sector protections!
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!:confused:

Hmmm... What's weird is that Anydvd should be stating that it removed 90 bad sector protections, not 89. I know this because I just backed up Saw 3 yesterday.

If Anydvd is not seeing this last bad sector this could be causing your problem. Anydvd should be removing it though. I have the same version as you and didn't have this problem. Maybe your disc is actually damaged. Try a different disc.

OK.. while we have a clean thread... can anyone post a semi-official list of rippers that WILL work (for sure) with SAW3 and Open Season and the current AnyDVD?

I'll start:

Clone DVD (here)
Nero recode (Nero7)

DVD Rebuilder PRo with anydvd. To add to the list. I also used the free stuff to do the disc before the beta / official anydvd was available too.

RipIt4Me-FixTVS-DVDShrink
Several others will do those movies now........... The overpriced softwares that are always slow to get the new updates out to their customers.

DVD neXt COPY has done this too. Just did it. It has also done the marine with anydvd and without.

I have not try saw 3 but check my post in Open Season, it works with anydvd. I am watching it now.

I am also using that version and have problems with Saw III, as well as Open Season. Is there is a solution to both of these movies?
I loaded the latest ver of AnyDVD, tried Open Season and there was an error missing VTS_17_0.vob file. I am running Nero 7 Ultra.

I loaded the latest ver of AnyDVD, tried Open Season and there was an error missing VTS_17_0.vob file. I am running Nero 7 Ultra.

Update to 7.7.5.1. If you have a problem with Recode, then the problem is with your source disc.

SAW III Rip Made

:agree: All my rip programs would not even see this movie in my E: drive, I've posted details elsewhere on the fourm about it. To make a long story short I was able to rip this with AnyDVD and Nero Recode, but I just made a copy of the Main Movie, not the whole DVD. If you have Nero OEM 6.x.x.x, Upgrade it( the FREE Upgrade Nero offers), then remove the main program, but keep the Recode portion of the new Nero upgrade. It's actually a very good ripper. Good Luck,,,,

I have Nero OEM 6.x.x.x that came with my Sony burner last year. How does one upgrade it?

-W (doesn't often try this stuff with a dial-up)

I just came back from there. As best as I can tell they want $63 for the regularly $79 priced update from my 6.x.x.x version.

I keep hearing people here say they have a way to update 6.x.x.x. to the latest version for free?? That's what's got my curiosity up.

-W

Upgrade Nero

This is where you go for Nero updates for version 6:

http://www.nero.com/nero6/enu/Updates.html

Yours may require selecting "previous version". I'm not sure.

Yes thats where I got the upgrade, look for the next version up from the one you have, there should be an upgrade availible for you for it. In my previous posts, I complained that the latest upgrade would not allow me to use DVD Shrink in conjuction with the new upgrade, I kept getting cannot find TRF error, you can google that error notice like I did, and there's actually a NERO removal tool and it also tells you how to find your NERO Licence number! THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT NOT TO LOOSE that Number! Install the latest upgrade thats shown for your version. The other option is that if you dont want to fork over the 69.00 or so for a NEW Version of NERO with RECODE, you can go to Newegg.com and buy a BRAND NEW 18X Samsung Burner WITH LIGHTSCRIBE, that comes with the latest drivers, and you can upgrade that software, they sell NEW BURNERS for about 30 bucks, WITH Lightscribe! I bought TWO because it was so cheap! If you use your burner A LOT like I do, Newegg, warranties it for 1 YEAR FREE Replacement, I burned out my last Samsung after about 1,000 copies, it still worked ok, just started to make noises. Anyway, for that price of 30.00 you cant go wrong, a NEW burner, and NEW NERO burning software that's upgradeable for 30.00 bucks or so, it's a WIN WIN Situation! Go For it!:agree: :clap: :agree:

NERO UPGRADE/ SAMSUNG 18X Lightscribe/NERO RECODE

I just came back from there. As best as I can tell they want $63 for the regularly $79 priced update from my 6.x.x.x version.

I keep hearing people here say they have a way to update 6.x.x.x. to the latest version for free?? That's what's got my curiosity up.

-W
Hi Clams Canino, check out my latest post on the NERO Thingy!

Last edited:
nero recode 2 for free.

Update-Package 2

* NeroVision Express 3
* Nero Recode 2
* Nero ShowTime 2

* Nero PhotoSnap
* Nero MediaHome

Current version: 3.1.0.25
Release date: January 31st, 2006
Filesize: 36.67 MB (38456328 byte)
MD5 Checksumme: a36f8cf194f56ed808540978690bf3bb

http://www.nero.com/nero6/enu/update.php

Ok bear with me... I really suck at upgrading anything. I'm STILL running XP Service Pack 1 ... Heh..

My current Nero Version is 6.6.0.14 Sony Edition.

So do I have a free path to the new Nero Recode ??

-W (really , REALLY, hates having to upgrade stuff... particularly when it's not broken. :D )

Back