• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

saw 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saw 4 R1

AnyDVD together with CloneDVD cannot get past whatever "new" speedbump Lionsgate together with Maple Releasing have concocted for this particular SAW release.
They did this last time with SAW 3 if any of u remember and Slysoft updated AnyDVD within 24 hours of it's release, I guess they have thrown another "hickup" your way SLY, and I'm sure you will be updating us all soon!
Looking forward to "backing up" my SAW 4.

AnyDVD together with CloneDVD cannot get past whatever "new" speedbump Lionsgate together with Maple Releasing have concocted for this particular SAW release.
They did this last time with SAW 3 if any of u remember and Slysoft updated AnyDVD within 24 hours of it's release, I guess they have thrown another "hickup" your way SLY, and I'm sure you will be updating us all soon!
Looking forward to "backing up" my SAW 4.

1. Use Anydvd 6.3.0.9 beta: click http://sandbox.slysoft.com/beta/SetupAnyDVD6309.exe

You may need to reboot after installing if prompted to do so.

2. Click the red fox icon on your toolbar. Click "default". Click "ok".

3. Use the latest Clonedvd beta: click
http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=83249&postcount=1

4. In Clonedvd 2.9.1.5, unselect title 25

Saw 4 R1

Forgive me if I am wrong but...

Is title 25 NOT the Unrated version of the film?

By removing title 25 (where I realize we are getting "hung up" each time it gets to that particular spot) are we not removing the version of the film that we bought or rented it to see?

Title 25 is approx 8 minutes longer than Title 1, and are both versions (both theatrical & Unrated) not on the disc?

Let me know if I am mistaken & I would appreciate any help pertaining to this that anyone would have.

Neo

Forgive me if I am wrong but...

Is title 25 NOT the Unrated version of the film?

By removing title 25 (where I realize we are getting "hung up" each time it gets to that particular spot) are we not removing the version of the film that we bought or rented it to see?

Title 25 is approx 8 minutes longer than Title 1, and are both versions (both theatrical & Unrated) not on the disc?

Let me know if I am mistaken & I would appreciate any help pertaining to this that anyone would have.

Neo
You are not mistaken, this is being worked on as we speak. Thankyou for your patience,:p

Thank-you for pointing out the mutiple thread thing...I appologize and will refrain from doing so in the future.
Thank-you once again for you help, and I look forward to hearing about the Saw 4 unrated issue...quite possibly I am wrong, but...I will await your reply

Neo

Thank-you for pointing out the mutiple thread thing...I appologize and will refrain from doing so in the future.

Hunh? You're responding to my signature (which gets posted automatically with all of my replies). I haven't noticed a problem with your posts.

the Saw 4 unrated issue...quite possibly I am wrong, but...I will await your reply

Are you sure title 25 is the unrated content? If so, why would they bother releasing two different discs?

http://www.amazon.com/Saw-IV-Widescreen-Tobin-Bell/dp/B00105304C (regular)

http://www.amazon.com/Saw-Unrated-Widescreen-Tobin-Bell/dp/B00105303S
(unrated)

I'm patched up but still it comes up with the cyclic redundancy message even after I unchecked 25. I maybe did get a bad disk. I bought one once that had a hole in it about the size of a sewing needle. Clean from one side right thru to the opposite side. I took it back and showed the lady at the returns counter. Made me take it back to the video/electronics department. Lady there tried cleaning it and giving it back to me. I said it still won't work it has a hole in it. They finally exchanged it. I still haven't figured out how it happened must have been during manufacturing as there were no fingerprints or any other damage in an unopen package. I'll keep watching and will let you know if I get it to work.

Unselect

What does removing title 25 actually do? Does it skip over the movie, is there a part missing in the copy? Still learning. Thanks

Saw 4 TY

ok...thank-you for pointing that out...I noticed that title 25 was approx 8 minutes longer than the other, and honestly assumed that we were unchecking the other version.
Again, admitedly, I beleived I could be wrong, but assumed the "unrated disc" came with both versions, as a branching format.
Possibly within the special features of the unrated disc, we have the ability to view the theatrical version as well, more than likely not tho considering they are selling both version on the shelves currently.
Your advise is currently working and i hope sincerely that I am wrong.

ok...thank-you for pointing that out...I noticed that title 25 was approx 8 minutes longer than the other, and honestly assumed that we were unchecking the other version.

I don't know, because I have no idea what title 25 contains. But I don't understand why they would release two different discs if both versions were on the same disc.

Again, admitedly, I beleived I could be wrong, but assumed the "unrated disc" came with both versions, as a branching format.
Possibly within the special features of the unrated disc, we have the ability to view the theatrical version as well, more than likely not tho considering they are selling both version on the shelves currently.
Your advise is currently working and i hope sincerely that I am wrong.

One way to figure out what you are removing when you do this is to play the disc on a standalone player or with PowerDVD and have the On Screen information displayed. Then pick which part of the disc you wish to play. If you play the movie. See if Title 25 is being played. If you ever see Title 25 then you know what it is.

I don't know, because I have no idea what title 25 contains. But I don't understand why they would release two different discs if both versions were on the same disc.

Well, it might be useful if we saw logs posted by the different people having problems so they could actually be compared.

It's possible the Unrated release has both versions on it while the normal Widescreen version doesn't. That's just speculation, though. I don't see why they'd release two different versions of this disc.

Edit: Yeah, I had to go back to page 1 to find the logs...

I just noticed the unrated version is actually cheaper at Amazon. :confused:

/shrug

agreed....have seen that b4

I have seen a few times a movie released in both formats (theatrical & unrated) where the unrated format contained both versions, while the theatrical version contained just that. Guess it's considered a bonus item to be able to compare both versions when purchasing the unrated version.
Still...why is title 25 8 min. longer, would it currently not stand to reason that there are 2 versions fo the film on this particualr disc?
I would have zero explanation as to why the studio would do this, but then again...$$ talks right? any way to get more out of us, I'm sure they are happy to do.

Neo

Still...why is title 25 8 min. longer, would it currently not stand to reason that there are 2 versions fo the film on this particualr disc?

I would speculate that the longer titleset is merely bogus, references the original titleset, and adds copy protection nonsense. But I really have no clue.

Unless you do what Drinklyeanddie wrote with respect to playing the original disc with Anydvd disabled on your computer (I don't even know if that's possible, because Anydvd is sometimes the only reason why a heavily protected disc is playable in a computer to begin with) or in a standalone dvd player and seeing if title 25 plays at any point (or actually offers anything extra), it's going to be difficult to determine what title 25 contains.

That said, it should be noted that no version of Anydvd handles Saw IV properly at the moment--and that deselecting title 25 in Clonedvd is merely a workaround at this point. For sure, a new Anydvd will eventually be released that handles this disc properly--but until that time, unselecting title 25 appears to be the only option when using Anydvd 6.3.0.9 and Clonedvd.

Last edited:
I have just backed up Saw4 with title 25 unchecked with AnyDVD 6.3.0.9 and CloneDVD2 beta 2.9.1.5 succesfully. I will look into what is in title 25 right now. If the version that I just backed up is not the unrated version I would be very surprised. I will get back to you and let you know what is in title 25.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back