• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Saving Private Ryan UHD Transcoder failure

coopervid

@Reto,

I made a 50 Gb backup movie only of this German UHD disc. Worked.
Then I decided to make full disc backup since mostly only then features like Dolby Vision can be enabled.
The first time CloneBD just crashed. Then it gave me the attached transcoder file plus a huge .klo file.

Let me know if you also need the .klo file.

Attachments

• CloneBD_1.2.2.1_Transcoder_20180807184432.txt
    79.6 KB · Views: 1
@Reto,
the disc was dirty. I cleaned it.
Ripped to protected ISO.
Rolled back to CloneBD 1.2.2.0
Changed from highest speed to best quality.
Now it transcodes at 58% while it failed formerly at 48% for a 50GB target.
I'll keep you posted....

That's not a valid test compared to your previous one. You changed multiple variables, to the point where if it succeeds now it won't be possible to find the culprit. Change everything back (except the cleaning obviously) and redo the encode. Then change 1!!! setting and run a new encode. Rinse and repeat...

Sent from my Nexus 7 with Tapatalk

Ch3vr0n,
these days we don't have the time for a serial step by step approach like in the old days. Change as many parameters as possible and then drill down if it still doesn't work. It worked! Best guess: It was the dirty disc as no one else reported issues.
Thank you anyway for reading and your advice.

UHD discs are super-sensitive to anything on the disc!

Back