• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Saving Private Ryan (1998) [UK] Error

KuchKuch

Hello,

Would anybody be able to provide assitance and be able to tell me why I'm having trouble decrypting Saving Private Ryan?

I seem to get the errors below in the Status window and have attached a log file.

Failed to send host key (bus encryption)!
ERROR processing Blu-ray disc!

Thanks.

i believe the firmware version on your drive is the problem

Yup. You need to flash the 3.10-MK version of the firmware for it to become UHD friendly.

P.S. if you are using the 3.10-MK firmware, make sure you do not have LibreDrive enabled when using AnyDVD.

You must have done it somehow, firmware versions don't just change magically on their own.

Sorry after a re-flash I still seem to have some problem. Any suggestions?

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.4.9.0_Info_D_SAVING PRIVATE RYAN.ziplog
    3.6 MB · Views: 2
It looks like the drive is behaving as though it's not UHD friendly. I have no idea what's causing this. You're not using MakeMKV at all right?

It looks like the drive is behaving as though it's not UHD friendly. I have no idea what's causing this. You're not using MakeMKV at all right?

Nope - Never used this.

I'm going to try re-flashing the drive again.

Do any other UHD's work, or is it just a problem with this disc?

Do any other UHD's work, or is it just a problem with this disc?

Other UHD's seem to work at the moment, but then again I didn't have a problem with other discs with firmware 3.10. I've had Saving Private Ryan for 2 months and have 2 copies of the title now as I thought one was faulty and in between receiving both copies I've decrypted other discs. On the other hand I don't know how long I've had firmware 3.10 installed.

You didn't need to downgrade. You just need to ensure 3.10-MK is installed. You can reinstall it. Although this disc seems to be problematic. I'm starting to suspect a bad disc.

You didn't need to downgrade. You just need to ensure 3.10-MK is installed. You can reinstall it. Although this disc seems to be problematic. I'm starting to suspect a bad disc.

Well I downgraded again to 3.01 and tried my other copy of Saving Private Ryan. This time it seems to have decrypted.

I've attached the log, of the disc that has copied.

Would you suggest keeping everything as it is or upgrading to 3.10-MK?

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.4.9.0_Info_D_SAVING PRIVATE RYAN_94BA68DB_5765BE53.ziplog
    3.6 MB · Views: 1
Two hints: Saving Private Ryan was challenging for me as well. The disc is hard to rip.
Secondly. The firmware versions up to 3.02 stay longer at lower speeds when reads errors occur. So these are better for critical discs. 3.10 rips faster if the discs make no problems. In a nutshell: Use 3.10 for general use. Flash 3.02 or lower if you have critical discs. I have two drives. One on 3.10 and the other on 3.02.

Yea a lot of us keep two separate drives for this very reason. UHD can be a pain. I have an NS60 official drive that I use exclusively with LibreDrive and my BW-16D1HT with 3.10-MK that I use for AnyDVD.

Two hints: Saving Private Ryan was challenging for me as well. The disc is hard to rip.
Secondly. The firmware versions up to 3.02 stay longer at lower speeds when reads errors occur. So these are better for critical discs. 3.10 rips faster if the discs make no problems. In a nutshell: Use 3.10 for general use. Flash 3.02 or lower if you have critical discs. I have two drives. One on 3.10 and the other on 3.02.

Thank you for this insight. I think I will probably stay on 3.01 for the time being then. I only use my drive for AnyDVD, but I do tend to come across quite a few discs that seem to be a pain to copy for one reason or the other, so for that reason will be sticking to 3.01 as that works for me (for now).

Remember, too, microfiber cloths are your friend. Go from inside out, turn the disc, do it again until you've gone all the way around it. I find this helps a lot. Even on "new discs right from the box that 'look pristine'".

Back