• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Request Save the state of the download queue (show on/off)

BCloud

Hi,

Each time I restart AS, I have to click on "show the download queue bar" and then click on pause on all the providers before doing anything. Could the state of the bar be saved (show on/off) when we close AS ? And then can it also be saved the state of each provider (pause on/off) ?

Last edited:
Has been denied(?) at one time because it might be confusing for some users (why won't it start the download, I added it?).
But as ways, it can be made a setting you have to enable. So unless you know what it does and want it active, it won't disturb you.

I didn't know there was such a button ... do you by chance mean "show download queue" ?
If so, that might be a remnant from before the queue was saved.
And why do you have to pause? All saved downloads should be already on pause after re-starting AnyStream.

do you by chance mean "show download queue" ?
Yes this button, sorry for the wrong translation.
If the queue is empty I have to pause first to add all the titles because the interface is very slow if I browse in AS during the download. And before that I have to click on "show the download queue" because it's always off.

And why do you have to pause?
Because if you don't, everything you add will start downloading immediately. And if you have a slow network (sites need longer to load), want to add more than one season or simply check before pressing start, it is annoying. So it would be nice if we don't have to pause on every restart. Even though I don't have slow network, I don't want it to already start if I want to add more stuff.

Also, for dual language downloads (1080p+de, 720p+en), then you can add both versions to the queue at once if it is paused. If you add it when it already has the first few episodes, it complains that it already exist and you can only overwrite or ignore. Not save both. But if paused, the uninterrupted download feature gets active and just adds _1 or _2 to the filename.

Having an empty queue start paused would force everyone that is just downloading a few shows to manually start it....not a good option.

Having an empty queue start paused would force everyone that is just downloading a few shows to manually start it....not a good option.
That's why I said it can be made a setting. Everyone who actually likes the auto-dl can leave it as is.

Well ... if something is in the queue when AS starts, the queue also starts visible.
I also noticed that on slower computers or VMs AnyStream eats up a lot of ressources while downloading.
So that other thing, "add downloads to the queue paused" as an option might be worth mentioning to the devs ... @RedFox 1 what do you think?

It's why I asked that the state can be saved, if it was unpaused we you closed AS, it's unpaused when you restart, if it's paused, so it's paused again when you start AS.

It's why I asked that the state can be saved, if it was unpaused we you closed AS, it's unpaused when you restart, if it's paused, so it's paused again when you start AS.
That could be tricky ... if the downloads caused AS to crash or hang for some reason you would be in an endless loop when they started automatically.
And honestly, how often do you restart AnyStream to need such option? ;)

You can start AS in pause if it crashed, it's not that hard to know. If you want to start AS in pause in every case it's not a problem for me, it was just an idea.

I restart at least once a day, but it's more the repetitive tasks every day that are boring : log off NF, restart AS, log in NF, click to show the download queue, pause all the queue, and then you can start to add titles. If some useless steps like the "show queue" or pause can be skipped, it will be great.

Well ... if something is in the queue when AS starts, the queue also starts visible.
I also noticed that on slower computers or VMs AnyStream eats up a lot of ressources while downloading.
So that other thing, "add downloads to the queue paused" as an option might be worth mentioning to the devs ... @RedFox 1 what do you think?
So I would guess have a setting to either have the queue run or not run on start in the settings and an overall stop/start in the queue itself where you can pause the queue and it will stop after finishing the current download. I suppose as you mentioned, that would allow people to stop the queue on slower systems to add more and also satisfy DeepSpace's concern when downloading two different versions of the same episode....add them all to the queue and then have the overall ability to stop the queue and move the say 720p version before the 1080p version wants to download or SD.

You can start AS in pause if it crashed, it's not that hard to know. If you want to start AS in pause in every case it's not a problem for me, it was just an idea.

I restart at least once a day, but it's more the repetitive tasks every day that are boring : log off NF, restart AS, log in NF, click to show the download queue, pause all the queue, and then you can start to add titles. If some useless steps like the "show queue" or pause can be skipped, it will be great.
So by useless steps possibly if the queue is empty, open the program without it showing. If the queue has entries when opened, show it automatically. I agree a Pause All would be beneficial to probably everyone, especially if you have 500 downloads in sections above and you want to stop all and get YouTube, without having to manually pause each service.

Back