• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Sata Dvd

Orangeman71

I have a Plextor-755SA SATA drive and have run into problems with AnyDVD and CloneDVD using Windows XP Pro. First, on doing a disc copy to a DVD+R DL disk (I only use Verbatim), what happens is CloneDVD reaches a random point in the write cycle and it goes off into the weeds with an infinite write loop (meaning never gets beyond that point, but the drive keeps spinning). I have had to kill the program and force a reboot of Windows to get the drive to reset (and get the coaster disc out of the drive). Also, on the same drive, which is set to Region 1, I cannot get it to recognize a Region 2 DVD with AnyDVD running in the background.

On the first problem, I recognized that there was an Autoselection "advanced feature" that Plextor built in to "optimize" write strategy based on the media being used. "Autoselection" was set on by default. I switched it to "AS OFF" in Plextools thinking that it was somehow conflicting with Clone DVD. Oddly, this cleared up the problem for a couple of burns, but the problem came back shortly thereafter (with no further change in settings) for no apparent reason.

None of these problems exist on my NEC (PATA) internal drives, nor on my Pioneer, LG and Samsung external drives connected through USB and Firewire.

I'm not sure if this quirky behaviour is specific to Plextor, this particular drive model, or suggests problems with SATA in general.

I'm not sure if this quirky behaviour is specific to Plextor, this particular drive model, or suggests problems with SATA in general.

1. Ensure you're using the latest firmware for your Plextor burner. http://plextor.com/

2. a)Click the red fox icon on your toolbar.
b) Navigate to "Program Settings".
c) Click "enable logging".
d) Click "ok".
e) Put the original disc in your optical drive/reader.
f) Go to your My Documents folder
g) You will see a zip file called "Anydvd_Info_titleofmydisc.zip"
h) When replying or posting in the Slysoft forums, look for the icon that looks like
attach.gif

i) if you don't see that icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
j) a small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't please ensure your browser is enabled to allow pop-ups from the Slysoft forums)
k) click the "Browse" button, and locate and select the .zip file you created.
l) click "upload"

But if this issue isn't happening with your other burners, it does seem to suggest some sort of issue with your Plextor burner or your Sata drivers.

Back