• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

SATA DVD Burner/Additional RAM

MarkRacer

Since my mobo supports SATA 3.0, I'm thinking about buying a 20X SATA burner to replace my 16X IDE version. Should I save my bucks or take the plunge? And since I'm still using XP, should I upgrade from 1G of RAM to 2G? Most of my pc usage is gaming and DVD burning stuff. Just trying to increase performance. Any feedback (neg/pos) is greatly appreciated:agree:

:bowdown: SLYSOFT:bowdown:

Since my mobo supports SATA 3.0, I'm thinking about buying a 20X SATA burner to replace my 16X IDE version. Should I save my bucks or take the plunge? And since I'm still using XP, should I upgrade from 1G of RAM to 2G? Most of my pc usage is gaming and DVD burning stuff. Just trying to increase performance. Any feedback (neg/pos) is greatly appreciated:agree:

Sofar I`m not to impressed with the new SATA burners, in my opinion there not really that much better then IDE burners. As for memory the more the better especialy if your going to be playing games, I have 2gb.

Thanks TPLAT for the info. Now its time to visit Newegg for more memory:D

SATA optical drives are no faster than PATA drives. The main advantage is on the new motherboards that only have 1 IDE channel.
RAM is the best performance increase that you can get for any PC. You might not notice a sharp increase in performance from 1G to 2G.

Back