• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Samuri's *UN*Official SlyPlayer(tm) Thread

But as many others said "who needs another player? I have XBMC, ...., I don't need it".

Same could be said about Cinavia removal -
"who needs Cinavia removal? I have XBMC, ...., I don't need it" :D

I'd love a real player to compete with TMT/PowerDVD/WinDVD.
The free players are great but for proper full complete BD playback they aren't even close.

i know this is a freeware probuct and there are some who want to use things that require licencing. so how about a changing to a freemium model
most things are unlocked and working but certain things like dolby headphones will have a paddilock next to it and will only work is a key is installed
the info pake would default to free edition
if the product is licenced it would say premium edition (or licenced version) licenced to, licence number (similar to anyDVD)
another way you could do this is licence each part or all at once and in the info window it would say dolby headphones active (or a seperate licence key) any others would be there to in a similar format

I just want to see something. I've been waiting a long time, love ANYDVD and clone dvd/2 - I've been holding out for the slysoft product because I am a fan.
Hopefully my son will get to see it in his lifetime.

I just want to see something. I've been waiting a long time, love ANYDVD and clone dvd/2 - I've been holding out for the slysoft product because I am a fan.
Hopefully my son will get to see it in his lifetime.

More likely your grandson. :(

Yes this one is a shame.

Not an easy task, I think we have been told that Slyplayer is not a current project or was to be a spin off from Slyce.

If im wrong then I apologise but im sure I remember James saying.

Out of Slyplayer or Slyce, I would have thought Slyplayer would have been the most useful project and a Commercial winner.

BUT not an easy project to get right.

I also think that the Commercial Licensed s/w players i.e. TMT6/PowerDVD will use dynamic memory locations for Cinavia detection flag(s) so as to make it almost impossible for Slysoft to disable the routines in future.

Very prophetic!

And

With the announcement of Clone BD release as imminent, what about Sly Player as I thought was required for Clone BD to work?

It really is a shame this project never went ahead.
So sick of having everything setup for bluray playing, then out of the blue, comercial program deciding my setup is no longer HDCP compliant, (even though nothing has changed) causing only core bitstreaming.
We need a bluray player that can play disks in all their glory not being tied to HDCP crap.

TMT/PowerDVD/Windvd are just not good enough.
The free players are only good for playing ripped content.
/rant.

Once upon a time and many times after it was stated that SlyPlayer wouldn't be released before Slyce/CloneBD. I have yet to see any public statement that SlyPlayer is a dead project.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

With the announcement of Clone BD release as imminent, what about Sly Player as I thought was required for Clone BD to work?

It was mentioned previously that Slyplayer might be based off of Slyce/CloneBD built in preview player. Seeing as CloneBD preview player doesn't really seem to offer anything more than simple stream playback (which can be done on many other free players) I'd say we are a long way off a proper BD player from Slysoft.

Loooooong time has passed since last reply here. But my interest into a real easy and working player that can paly also 3D (now really worst from PDVD and WinDVD) is still alive.
This project is still alive too, or is dead?

It never was alive to begin with. The idea was first mentioned in 2009, the first release had yet to happen. Oh and can we please leave a 3 year old dead topic dead?

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk

can we please leave a 3 year old dead topic dead?
Lock the thread?
Isn't there a setting within the forum's software to (auto) lock old topics after a certain period of time?
But then that would've created a new topic on this old subject...

But over 8 years have passed... I can't see the player happening now.

As a stand alone player, that's true, however the technology became the preview player in CloneBD which is quite capable, actually.

Saw thread but haven't read it.

I have been using SageTV (PVR/DVR software) for many years. It was purchased by Google in 2011 (I think). Several years later it was released as Open Source.
Maybe a fork of this project could be done?

I still record from cable a few shows but currently, I am downloading shows (series) and movies using Anystream then importing them into SageTV to watch. Not really expecting much but maybe this could be the spark..............

This thread is quite old. Things have rapidly changed in the open source community since this thread was started. LAV Filters + madvr are able to play pretty much anything outside of dolby vision that you could want to play. The need for yet another player is vastly limited.

Back