• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Samuri's *UN*Official SlyPlayer(tm) Thread

The latest update to the SLYCE sticky indicates A "Player" embedded within SLYCE. Possibly this is what's left of the old Slyplayer idea?

A preview player from what I read, not a complete player like TMT, PowerDVD, or even VCL. Having a full feature player embedded in a back up program like Slyce unnecessarily IMO bloats up the program. Slysoft doesn't create their software like Nero.

So in reality there is no new info on Slyplayer.

I hate to sound like a voice crying in the wilderness, but if software players in the future are going to contain Cinavia, don't we need Slyplayer more than ever?

Plenty of alternatives to commercial software out there...

Yup. Personally, I would still prefer a DirectShow BD navigation filter over yet another player.

Will you make a linux version of Slyplayer too? It would be great to play blurays on linux without having to jump through loads of hoops.

Yup. Personally, I would still prefer a DirectShow BD navigation filter over yet another player.

I agree, we are spoilt for choice with a range of players, decoders, and renderers but still need a BD Navigation filter.

Will you make a linux version of Slyplayer too? It would be great to play blurays on linux without having to jump through loads of hoops.

Probably, yes.

I agree, we are spoilt for choice with a range of players, decoders, and renderers but still need a BD Navigation filter.

We try to keep SlyPlayer portable. (Linux, Mac...)
Current showstopper is, that there is no AnyDVD HD for Linux & Mac. :(

I (like many) would happily pay for a DirectShow BD Navigation Filter that we could use with our player of choice. Any chance of selling just this bit as we already have all the other bits (decoder, renderers, players etc) we need.

Last edited:
Good day.

A couple of domade:

1 - Is there any hope of rialscio by 2013?
2 - How the quality characteristics, will be higher than PowerDVD?

thanks

We try to keep SlyPlayer portable. (Linux, Mac...)
Current showstopper is, that there is no AnyDVD HD for Linux & Mac. :(

I need to use windows for some things like Adobe & the sly* products are on that workstation. The htpc is mostly a linux mythtv frontend (nice little atom/ION box as it happens) but we do boot it to windows for the TMT & PDVD pair on blu-rays (both of them because some titles fail on one or the other, though speed menu has helped!).

I'm anticipating that I'll be able to "easily" create movie only MDKs or somesuch using Slyce, and the boot-to-windows won't be necessary after that. Having a native linux player that mythfrontend could invoke to play BDs ISOs directly would also be greatly greatly appreciated.

Bottom line, yep, Any for linux would be nice, but a player that operated on unencrypted blu-rays would still be very very valuable to me. Something else that would be nice is something that would play the HD-DVDs I've still got around :)

The world is still here. SlyPlayer and Slyce will come when they are ready.

Which free players do you use for bluray iso's and do they have full blu-ray support (bdj,bd+,etc...)?

Pc

Does anyone have any recomendations as to the cheapest PC (e,g, a small tower) purely for Video playback using TMT5.

No frills PC, (wont be needing a screen with it) but with grapics capable for 3D o/p and ofcourse HDMI 1.4 o/p for 3D.
Hard disk size prob not a problem as will add ex drive(s).

Back