• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

SamuriHL's MC21 Setup

Sw0rdf1sh

SamuriHL, I've seen you write about MC21 with LAV filters and madvr. I'm a PowerDVD user so you caught my attention when you mentioned how much more you like MC21 than PowerDVD. Can you explain how someone could duplicate your setup?

Sure. First and foremost is that I rip my blu-rays to MKV format, including my 3D blu-rays. In MC22 (latest release) I set advanced custom mode for video and add madVR and lav filters for renderer and video codec respectively. I do this so I can control the settings myself for each and also upgrade the filters under the covers (a more advanced thing to do that most users won't need to do). Settings for madVR are not trivial and really can't be generalized. That's what makes it so powerful and I highly recommend the madVR thread on doom9 to learn about the different options there. Once it's "dialed in" for your particular environment, the picture quality will be the highest you'll get on any device you own. With this setup I get bitstreamed audio, amazing video quality, and a library feature that allows me to share my library of movies and shows across my gigabit network. And even rented movies such as netflix, you just stick the disc in the drive and you can play movie only with all those settings in tact. It really is the best environment I've seen.

Back