• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

[Same] issue here with Get Smart

bru0507

when you choose either clone dvd or copy titles and you would normally see a preview of the movie on the left, the screen is black and sometimes you can not advance from this point. If you get past this point the first part of the copy errors out at 85%.

when you choose either clone dvd or copy titles and you would normally see a preview of the movie on the left, the screen is black and sometimes you can not advance from this point. If you get past this point the first part of the copy errors out at 85%.

Make sure you are using AnyDVD 6.4.7.9 & CloneDVD 2.9.2.0. Refer here to download them: http://www.slysoft.com/en/download.html. If you aren't using the latest versions then update.

I have the widescreen release and have no issues. It is UPC 0-85391-13979-0.

Please refer here: http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=9914

Follow the directions and post log files, please.

Last edited:
I have the same UPC SD R1 version and it will not clone from the DVD, I get the same error, I ripped it to the HDD and then cloned it just fine. A lot of crap on this one!

I have the same UPC SD R1 version and it will not clone from the DVD, I get the same error, I ripped it to the HDD and then cloned it just fine. A lot of crap on this one!

Yes, it does have a lot of protection, but I had no issues doing either a full-disc, movie-only, or selective rip of this to my HDD with CloneDVD.

The full-disc output from CloneDVD should be the same as the output from the AnyDVD ripper via Rip Video DVD to Harddisk....

I have the same UPC SD R1 version and it will not clone from the DVD, I get the same error, I ripped it to the HDD and then cloned it just fine.

As Drinklyeanddie mentioned, you don't need to do that. What happened to you was coincidental. Your original disc is likely borderline bad.

AnyDVD ripper worked for me and CloneDVD did not, that's really I know about it. I tried to clone it with CloneDVD from the disk and it will error out on me? I got it OK so it's no big deal, just letting the OP know that he might rip it to the HDD with AnyDVD then work on it.

BTW the main movie worked ok with clone from the disk so maybe you're right.

AnyDVD ripper worked for me and CloneDVD did not, that's really I know about it. I tried to clone it with CloneDVD from the disk and it will error out on me? I got it OK so it's no big deal, just letting the OP know that he might rip it to the HDD with AnyDVD then work on it.

You never need to do that when using Clonedvd. Clonedvd rips/processes files to the hard drive first automatically. Reading a borderline defective disc multiple times can produce different results. So you may rip once with Clonedvd and have that fail. Then you may try Anydvd ripper and have that work. Then you may try Clonedvd again and have that work. Then you try again, and the read fails. Etc. It's annoying, but that happens sometimes.

OK I took the disk back to the office to try it on the quad core machine, it has an SH-203B drive in it which has always been a strong reader. It ripped using Clone just fine in 10 mins. or so. So you are correct guys either my disk or my older drive in this machine is border line. :bowdown:

OK I took the disk back to the office to try it on the quad core machine, it has an SH-203B drive in it which has always been a strong reader. It ripped using Clone just fine in 10 mins. or so. So you are correct guys either my disk or my older drive in this machine is border line. :bowdown:

Some drives are just better readers and can sometimes handle a bordline disc while other drives might just choke. Also, yes, the age of a drive could play a role in problems reading. I used a Samsung SH-S223F.

The problem could certainly be either one that you suggested.

Last edited:
That's why I have 5 drives on quick-tap.... easy to find out who's at fault - disk or drive. (but it's never AnyDVD with read errors IMHO)

-W

Solution To Get Smart

I had the same problem with backing up Get Smart. If you run AnyDVD then use DVD Shrink to make the files for backup. Then just use CloneDVD to write the disk. It works on every version of Get Smart and is an easy fix until the developers fix CloneDVD. Neur:rock:

It works on every version of Get Smart and is an easy fix until the developers fix CloneDVD.
Nothing broken, nothing to fix.

Back