• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Saawariya not playing

DMR

I am unable to play Sony's new Blu-Ray release - Saawariya - which was released on May 6th.

I used AnyDVD 6.4.2.0 and it's "Rip Video DVD to Hard Drive" function to make a backup onto my hard drive. I used ImgBurn to create an ISO. When I mount the ISO on a virtual drive and play with PowerDVD 8, it plays only upto the menu selection. Selecting Play from the Menu or going into chapters and choosing a chapter, both actions freeze up PowerDVD and I have to kill it.

I also tried having AnyDVD in the background and using ImgBurn's function to create an ISO from Disc. Both ISO versions act the same - freezes up PowerDVD.

I have other Blu-Ray DVD backups created both ways that work fine.

Could you help please.

Thanks.

I am unable to play Sony's new Blu-Ray release - Saawariya - which was released on May 6th.

I used AnyDVD 6.4.2.0 and it's "Rip Video DVD to Hard Drive" function to make a backup onto my hard drive. I used ImgBurn to create an ISO. When I mount the ISO on a virtual drive and play with PowerDVD 8, it plays only upto the menu selection. Selecting Play from the Menu or going into chapters and choosing a chapter, both actions freeze up PowerDVD and I have to kill it.

I also tried having AnyDVD in the background and using ImgBurn's function to create an ISO from Disc. Both ISO versions act the same - freezes up PowerDVD.

I have other Blu-Ray DVD backups created both ways that work fine.

Could you help please.

Thanks.

I don't know if I have the answer, but I was able to copy that disk and play the image with no problems. Used latest beta of AnyDVDHD, and ImgBurn to create ISO. I mounted with Daemon Tools and Played with PowerDVD 8, with its latest patch. This under XP and 8600gt vid card, using 163.75 driver. I could play, pause, skip chapters and access menu with no issues.

Have you tried playing the original to see if that works?

Thank you for your feedback.

The DVD plays on an external Blu-Ray player with no problem.

When I insert the original disc in the PC's Blu-Ray Drive, PowerDVD 8 encounters the same issue and freezes in the menu when a selection is clicked. WinDVD 9 plays the movie without any problem.

However, I have never been able to get WinDVD to play any of images mounted onto the virtual drive. I use Slysoft's Virtual Clone Drive to create the virtualization.

I updated PowerDVD with the patch that is referenced in these forums, and I installed AnyDVD's latest beta release as well and recreated the ISO - but - no luck :-(

At this point, it looks like it is a PowerDVD issue - doesn't it?

Back