Rv

Discussion in 'CloneDVD' started by DetroitBaseball, Feb 11, 2007.

1. DetroitBaseball

DetroitBaseball Well-Known Member

I'm using AnyDVD 6.1.1.4 and CloneDVD 2.9.0.3. I'm having problems copying RV Region 1. My drive is SONY DVD-ROM DDU1615 FDS3 JUL05, 2006 with the newest firmware. Using Windows Vista Home Premium. Blank media does not apply because I never even got a chance to burn the DVD. Here's the status window for AnyDVD.

There was no actual error message, but it was only reading the DVD at about 1x, CloneDVD said 135 minutes remaining. Even RipIt4Me with DVD Decrypter had the same problem. I tested another DVD and have concluded that it is not my DVD drive, and that it appears to be the source disk. Any ideas? Maybe I should try it in my standalone DVD player?

2. Whisperer

Whisperer Well-Known Member

Check Device Manager. I'll bet your drives on Channel-0 and Channel-1 are not set to DMA mode. They are transferring data in PIO mode.

Whisperer

3. DetroitBaseball

I inserted another DVD and it had no problem. Why would it just be 1 DVD?

4. TPLAT

TPLAT Well-Known Member

What condition is the RV disc in?

5. saintsfan

saintsfan Member

I Just tried RV

I just tried my original RV disc using anydvd 6.1.1.4 and clonedvd2 2.9.0.3 had no problems it burned in 40 mins.

I have a MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ-851S 1.50 605230KMEHA97026550 running on a HP Laptop.

6. Webslinger

Webslinger Retired Moderator

This is the question I would be asking too.

7. DetroitBaseball

The RV disk must be fine, because it played in my standalone DVD player without a problem.

8. Webslinger

No. That doesn't mean it's fine. Lots of discs play fine in standalone dvd players, but won't rip properly in dvd-rom drives due to scratches or other quality control issues.

I see read speed dropping really low as well sometimes due to jitter and warped discs.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2007
  9. DetroitBaseball

This disc looked fine to me.

10. Webslinger

Try ripping it another system. If the same thing happens, the problem is the disc.

11. DetroitBaseball

In my original post, I stated I had tried AnyDVD/CloneDVD and RipIt4Me. Both had the same problem.

12. Webslinger

On the same system

By "system" I mean "computer"

Last edited: Feb 11, 2007