Running two instances of AnyDVD possible?

Discussion in 'AnyDVD HD (DVD issues)' started by Saurian, Oct 5, 2007.

1. Saurian

Saurian New Member

I've bought a (faster than the internal) external DVD burner to speed up my DVD archiving, and was wondering if it might be possible to archive two films at once?

the laptop should be able to handle it, just wondering if there's any way of running two copies of anydvd at the same time..anyone? :bowdown:

2. Webslinger

Webslinger Retired Moderator

You don't need to run two instances of Anydvd at once. But you may, if you're using Clonedvd, need to run two instances of Clonedvd at the same time on your computer. However, I really don't recommend burning two backups at the same time.

3. oldjoe

oldjoe Well-Known Member

The external will very possibly be slower, especially if it is USB. USB transfer rate is 480 Mb/s.

4. Metrock

Metrock Active Member

My Samsung SH-S182M rated 16x via USB2 can burn MCC-004 at 18.2x.

5. oldjoe

oldjoe Well-Known Member

If you check the actual burn speed, it will most likely be considerably lower.
    But, my point was...the data transfer rate of USB 2.0, not the burn speed of the DVDRW.

6. mike20021969

mike20021969 Well-Known Member

assuming the USB2 tranfer rate is 480Mbit/s (=60MB/s),what does that mean for actual burn speed?

i've just got a freecom multi format dvd burner.the maximum burn speed (for dvd's) is x20 but only for + and - discs.
    surely that can only be claimed because USB2 can send data fast enough for the drive to burn dvd's at x20?

Last edited: Oct 5, 2007
  7. Saurian

Saurian New Member

sorry, I didn't make myself very clear.

I'm using the external DVD to read the discs (I'm archiving to my new 4Tb Terastation 8) )

What I'd like to do is read two DVD'd at once onto the hard drive before archiving off to the NAS.

Cheers for the responses so far.

8. Webslinger

Webslinger Retired Moderator

Not that I'm aware of.

If you want to rip two discs at the exact same time, I'm pretty sure that you can't with Anydvd ripper.

You can run two instances of Clonedvd at the same time (and rip at the same time if you want).

9. Vincenza

Vincenza Active Member

Ive got 5 external dvd drives/burners, and i use shrink with AnyDVD, or CloneDVD to read the discs at same time. It takes forever, about 2 hours for me to backup all 5 dvds at once.

10. Pdog

Pdog New Member

I burn/rip two movies at a time all the time. But I have 4 dvd drives and all I do is start two instances of clonedvd and change the temp folder name and thats it.

11. Clams

Clams Well-Known Member

DON'T read 2 disks into the same physical hard disk at the same time. It causes the drive to work much harder and you get strange interleaving (fragmentation) of the films.

-W