• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Discussion Running AnyStream under Wine

The day of wonder is here or at least it looks that way.

Using the latest beta 21.1 b1 Crossover Mac on a M1 Mac Mini with 16 GB Ram it actually looks as if AnyStream works.
Installation without any errors into a Win 7-64 bottle. Started and registered Ok and is currently downloading two items.

No small feat to soak AnyStream in Wine, then Macify it and on top of that run it through Rosetta 2.
The HBO Max dl just finished and plays Ok with VLC. Incl. subs.
To provide some sort of continuity I reply to myself.

The latest 1.2.5-ish versions have started to behave erratically when run via Crossover 21.1 b1. Exactly why that is I do not know.
There seems to be no clear connection between one or the other hangup/lock or whathaveyou.
When I have the time I'll try to see if there's some sort of common denominator for what's going on when this happens.
The logs will most likely be a bit more useful then.

woah.

Crossover 21.1 has just been released!

I have installed Anystream 1.2.6.1 into a brand new Win 7 bottle and ...it hasn't crashed. I am logged in on A-Prime, Netflix and D+ and will try to download something.

Fingers crossed...

woah.

I have installed Anystream 1.2.6.1 into a brand new Win 7 bottle and ...it hasn't crashed. I am logged in on A-Prime, Netflix and D+ and will try to download something.

Fingers crossed...
update to 1262, it has a lot of very important updates.

woah.

Fingers crossed...

I need to try this. I've been running AnyStream in Parallels. Works great, since its running natively in Windows. But I'd rather not have to start up the VM every time I want to run AS.

I need to try this. I've been running AnyStream in Parallels. Works great, since its running natively in Windows. But I'd rather not have to start up the VM every time I want to run AS.

I'm the same (currently using VMware Fusion). It's about halfway through the download and (touch wood) it's doing OK.

I'm the same (currently using VMware Fusion). It's about halfway through the download and (touch wood) it's doing OK.
I use Parallels on my MacBook Pro and it works fantastic. But I am usually home so I use my Windows 11 desktop. Works great there also.

OK.. I figured "what the hey.. I'll try it.. Crossover 21.1 is out.."

And the ONLY thing that did NOT work was signing into HBO max using SetupAnyStream_1.2.6.1_64bit in a new Windows 7 64-bit bottle.

I'm stunned.. If I can figure out how to get HBO Max working that would be pretty awesome.. :D.

And the ONLY thing that did NOT work was signing into HBO max using SetupAnyStream_1.2.6.1_64bit in a new Windows 7 64-bit bottle.

I'm stunned.. If I can figure out how to get HBO Max working that would be pretty awesome.. :D.
Sign out of HBO Max on all your other devices

It does work, as RedFox 1 suggests, try to log out of all your other devices and try again. Or if not start all over again, that occasionally works wonders.

AnyStream Plus works out of the box with wine on Fedora 35 (x86-64).

To start the installer:
wine SetupAnyStream_1.2.6.1_64bit.exe

To start Anystream:
wine AnyStream.exe

To install the license:
wine regAnyStream.exe

When starting regAnyStream.exe you will get a File Chooser Dialog,
where you can select the license file in your file system.
The license you will get via email after payment.

I created an HBO Max login rather than signing in via my provider.. that worked.. w00t!

Excellent idea I’m glad it worked out for you now enjoy AnyStream

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

That sounds great! But can you tell me, which provider you tested? It's because some time ago someone said that Netflix was working fine, but Amazon hasn't loaded.

Anyone who is running Anystream on an UnRaid server in a VM or Docker? I paid for lifetime sub, and want to decommission the Win 7 PC that I run just to run Anystream. Any help appreciated...

To start the installer:
wine SetupAnyStream_1.2.6.1_64bit.exe

To start Anystream:
wine AnyStream.exe

To install the license:
wine regAnyStream.exe

When starting regAnyStream.exe you will get a File Chooser Dialog,
where you can select the license file in your file system.
The license you will get via email after payment.

I'm curious if you have been successful w/ Fedora 36, wine, and 1.3.5.2???

I've now run Anystream only via Crossover on an M1 Mac Mini, for quite some time. Now on Crossover 22.0.1. No need for a VM only to run Anystream.
It works remarkably well with only the very odd crash every other passover or so.
It also works very well on Linux (Elementary OS 6.1) with Crossover, also 22.0.1.
Anyway, a question for the devs and/or Redfox 1. Are you interested in crash logs and dumps even if not generated on windows proper?

Anyway, a question for the devs and/or Redfox 1. Are you interested in crash logs and dumps even if not generated on windows proper?
This might not be helpful to the devs, they are are busy enough to keep AnyStream running on Windows.
I run AnyStream on Debian/Gnome. Works perfectly for me - but not even I are getting any support from devs :whistle:

Esto podría no ser útil para los desarrolladores, están lo suficientemente ocupados como para mantener AnyStream ejecutándose en Windows.
Ejecuto AnyStream en Debian/Gnome. Funciona perfectamente para mí, pero ni siquiera yo estoy recibiendo ningún apoyo de los :silbar:desarrolladores

I would like to know with which version of Wine it is preferable to run Anystream. There is the stable, devel and staging. Which is better?

Back