• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Discussion Running AnyStream under Wine

Good to know!

I have just bought a licence but have no clue how to install the licence. I still have the "do you want a trial licence" and "your trial licence has expired" with no option to add a real licence. How did you do that?

[edit]
I have put the licence in the desktop folder in the Anystream Crossover bottle:
users/crossover/Desktop
...but that doesn't do it.

[edit] Have found regAnyStream.exe and run it and it seems to have worked, but the app (v1.1.5.0) now crashes with the afore mentioned "failed to create OpenGL..." error.

Do you know the version number that works?
Turn the program off and double click on the license file. thats it.

Good to know!

I have just bought a licence but have no clue how to install the licence. I still have the "do you want a trial licence" and "your trial licence has expired" with no option to add a real licence. How did you do that?

[edit]
users/crossover/Desktop

[edit] Have found regAnyStream.exe and run it and it seems to have worked, but the app (v1.1.5.0) now crashes with the afore mentioned "failed to create OpenGL..." error.

We are aware of the HBO Max issues. Thank you.

HBO Max is having issues for everyone. They are working on it. Please just use Amazon Prim,e Hulu and Netflix and Disney.

We are aware of the HBO Max issues. Thank you.

Hi, My issue is not HBO Max, AnyStream fails at launch with that error message (in Crossover** on macOS Big Sur) so I cannot use it for anything.

[edit**] I originally wrote "Parallels", but I meant "Crossover" - sorry for the confusion.

Last edited:
Hi, My issue is not HBO Max, AnyStream fails at launch with that error message (in Parallels on macOS Big Sur) so I cannot use it for anything.
You have to put your licence they sent you on your desktop and double click it with the program off. and then restart it, you did buy a license right, I hope you are not using the trial version?: It will not work with any VM including Paralells

You have to put your licence they sent you on your desktop and double click it with the program off. and then restart it, you did buy a license right, I hope you are not using the trial version?: It will not work with any VM including Crossover

Yes, I bought a licence, and yes I got the licence installed OK. ...but I am using Crossover**.

OK, so will try and get my money back then. What I don't understand is why tmo1138 wrote that it worked fine (except for the latest version) using Parallels on macOS Big Sur.

[edit**] I originally wrote "Parallels", but I meant "Crossover" - sorry for the confusion.

Last edited:
Yes, I bought a licence, and yes I got the licence installed OK. ...but I am using Parallels.

OK, so will try and get my money back then. What I don't understand is why tmo1138 wrote that it worked fine (except for the latest version) using Parallels on macOS Big Sur.
NO, the registered version will work fine, the trial version won't work with any VM.

got it - thanks for the clarification. I have also replied on the public threads. I have attached a screen shot of the error message.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-07-27 at 17.42.18.png
    Screenshot 2021-07-27 at 17.42.18.png
    95 KB · Views: 20
have you installed the graphics drivers inside your vm/enabled 3d acceleration?

Check that OpenGL version that is supported in the VM is at least 3 (if I remember correctly) with
Code:
https://www.realtech-vr.com/home/glview

You can always try Fusion/Workstation Player too, it's free for personal use
Code:
https://my.vmware.com/web/vmware/evalcenter?p=fusion-player-personal
https://www.vmware.com/products/workstation-player/workstation-player-evaluation.html

Last edited:
Good to know!

[edit]
users/crossover/Desktop

It does work with parallels, isn’t that what you said you were using? Why are you messing with Crossover now?

You can always try Fusion/Workstation Player too, it's free for personal use

Thanks! ...I got that working almost immediately last night, so at least I have a working copy of AnyStream now :)

...I'm not giving up on Crossover - it's become a personal quest albeit with only 2 days left in the Crossover trial.

It does work with parallels, isn’t that what you said you were using? Why are you messing with Crossover now?

Yikes - that was a typo. I had only tried Crossover until last night when I tried Fusion (which worked perfectly). Sorry for the confusion.

Just as a note, Crossover/Wine would be much better if it could be made to work. When you run Parallels (or VMWare, or Virtualbox, or libvert or any of those), you're actually running an entire copy of Windows in addition to your main OS, with all of the resource usage that entails. Wine/Crossover is just a user-space compatibility layer, so it's much cleaner and can be native speed when it works.

And there should be a way to make it work, you can run huge complex games in Wine now... but we may need someone to come along who's more adept at configuring Wine than I am.

Last edited:
Just as a note, Crossover/Wine would be much better if it could be made to work. When you run Parallels (or VMWare, or Virtualbox, or libvert or any of those), you're actually running an entire copy of Windows in addition to your main OS, with all of the resource usage that entails. Wine/Crossover is just a user-space compatibility layer, so it's much cleaner and can be native speed when it works.

And there should be a way to make it work, you can run huge complex games in Wine now... but we may need someone to come along who's more adept at configuring Wine than I am.

yup. I’d much rather have it run via wine. Unfortunately I could only get as far as you did

I've tried and tried but can't get it to run using Crossover.

...but it's running perfectly with Fusion.

Back