• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

RTX 3000 series

The only thing that affects the speeds is Nvenc. Who knows what the new cards will support, certainly not me LOL.
Yeah... CUDA and Nvenc are different animals. But since he specifically said that CloneBD only supports one CUDA core this won't change. Maybe -only maybe - Nvenc will be faster. Wishful thinking :sneaky:.

There's a lot of unknowns on the video front right now. Trust me. That's what's keeping me from making a final decision. Because a small part of it is I want a gaming card to compete with the new consoles. The bigger part of it is I use my PC for madvr and that is where I see the most value. 1500 bucks is nothing compared to the 12 grand the Envy costs. But I THINK they got the 3080 price/performance just where it needs to be. I use nvenc on my laptop (2080) quite regularly to encode mpeg2 video to h.265 and it's plenty fast. An hour video takes less than 5 minutes to convert at no visual quality loss. I suspect the 3080 will cut that in half but seriously, 2.5 minutes vs 5 isn't going to change my world all that much. LOL

I don't do games. I also don't convert video formats - just shrinking with CloneBD. So you early adopters have to pay the steep price and report back here.

There's a lot of unknowns on the video front right now. Trust me. That's what's keeping me from making a final decision. Because a small part of it is I want a gaming card to compete with the new consoles. The bigger part of it is I use my PC for madvr and that is where I see the most value. 1500 bucks is nothing compared to the 12 grand the Envy costs. But I THINK they got the 3080 price/performance just where it needs to be. I use nvenc on my laptop (2080) quite regularly to encode mpeg2 video to h.265 and it's plenty fast. An hour video takes less than 5 minutes to convert at no visual quality loss. I suspect the 3080 will cut that in half but seriously, 2.5 minutes vs 5 isn't going to change my world all that much. LOL
The 3080 itself is only 699.99, so I think a lot of people will have them, after the first batch is sold in 3 minutes.

The 3080 itself is only 699.99, so I think a lot of people will have them, after the first batch is sold in 3 minutes.

That's my biggest concern. I'm on the list to get notified when they go up for pre-order. I'll be jumping on it asap. I'm likely just going to end up with another founder's edition. I do like them. But, if I can snag a STRIX card, I may consider it.

I'll be one of the first in my region too lol for the 3090. Can't wait to get my hands on it.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Yea, I'm with you there. I wanna get my hands on the 3080 quite badly. I have stuff I wanna do with it. :D

I'll be one of the first in my region too lol for the 3090. Can't wait to get my hands on it.

You don't have to mention this over and over again. We all know you are a kid. Wait - Christmas is coming soon :sneaky:.

Yea, I'm with you there. I wanna get my hands on the 3080 quite badly. I have stuff I wanna do with it. :D
You and my both. Snap a pic when it arrives

You and my both. Snap a pic when it arrives

I'll be too busy playing Doom on it while waiting for Cyberpunk 2077. :D And of course, getting ready for new shows to start so I can crank up my upscaling. Going to be a monster generation of cards. Cyberpunk 2077 @4k with RTX maxed out using DLSS....yup, I'm there.

I'll be too busy playing Doom on it while waiting for Cyberpunk 2077. :D And of course, getting ready for new shows to start so I can crank up my upscaling. Going to be a monster generation of cards. Cyberpunk 2077 @4k with RTX maxed out using DLSS....yup, I'm there.
You read my mind. My current gtx can't properly do DLSS. If I understand the video correctly I should be able to get 4k like details on a 1080p display with DLSS 2.0. that'll be very interesting to tinker with and find out if theory matches reality. And I'm right there with you on the doom/cyberpunk front. I have zero doubt raytracing will blow me away with lighting effects compared to what my current one is capable off.

It's very capable on its own and I can play every current triple A title on ultra at 1080p, that 3090 is probably going to turn that current 'Koenigsegg Agera RS (currently the fastest consumer car on earth)' into a Toyota Prius.

I think you misunderstood what they were showing for DLSS. It's exactly the opposite of what you're saying. They render the ray traced frame at 1080p with as much detail as they can jam into it, which with the performance of these cards is extraordinary, and then use DLSS AI scaling to scale that 1080p image up to 4k, keeping the detail. They're able to do this simultaneously with zero performance drop on these new cards with is freaking insane. DLSS just made the "resolution wars" completely irrelevant. The 3090 is built for gaming at native 8K but quite frankly, with DLSS who gives a damn? Even if in 5 years we finally all get to 8K, 1) the 3090 will be wildly outdated by then and 2) DLSS makes it completely pointless to try to go after native 8K in the first place. So no, DLSS won't help you at 1080p, but, yes the RTX performance absolutely will. But at anything less than 8k, a 3090 is pointless. The 3080 will more than handle anything we can throw at it for quite some time to come.

Oh, and as for RTX, yes, it's quite damn impressive. I have a 2080 in my current laptop and a 2070 in my HTPC. I've seen what RTX can do. With directx 12_2 coming, we're about to hit an absolute sweet spot for gaming. This only happens once a decade or so. This is the revolution in gaming.

And people wonder why Nvidia stock went from 160 to 550 in less than 9 months. LOL.

Oh, and as for RTX, yes, it's quite damn impressive. I have a 2080 in my current laptop and a 2070 in my HTPC. I've seen what RTX can do. With directx 12_2 coming, we're about to hit an absolute sweet spot for gaming. This only happens once a decade or so. This is the revolution in gaming.
I'll bet you wont see any tearing with any game , with the 3000 series. That was one of the biggest complaints.

I don't now, but, my Alienware has a 144hz gSync screen. ;)

BTW, RTX 3090 is a pro card. Not designed for gaming.

Oh I have no doubt about that. This largely a factor of 'get it, because I can' and 'mind of matter'. In this case the matter beats the mind . As I've said at the very original post, in (over) 20y of owning my own pc, I have never and I do mean NEVER owned the absolute top of the line GPU.

And this time I can, and I will (barring any unforeseen circumstances). I don't give a damn about the price, the fact that due to me being able to do it via that 'intra-communitary delivery' which knocks 21% of the normal vat included retail price leaves or as easy choice too.

Last edited:
Well, you have fun with that. LOL I will be able to buy 2 cards for the price you pay. And at the rate these toys double in power being able to buy 2 for the price of 1 has WAY more appeal than "wooo, I own the best...." and it was the best for 5 minutes. LOL Tech evolves too quickly to play that game. Now if you told me there was 50% more power in that thing, then yup, ok. But 20%? Ummmm, no thanks. :) So yes, you get bragging rights and a space heater. Enjoy :D

Back