RPC1 Issue

Discussion in 'AnyDVD HD (DVD issues)' started by plainbad, Feb 4, 2008.

1. plainbad

plainbad New Member

I am trying to back up The Simpsons Season 4 Disc 3 and 4, Season 5 Disc 3. I was able to back up the rest of seasons 4 and 5. I am getting an error message asking me to go to rpc1.com for a patched firmware and that my region2 has not been assigned. I am using anydvd 6.3.1.3 and my optical drive's firmware is currently to date.

Attached Files:

2. Webslinger

Webslinger Retired Moderator

You're getting this error message?
    --
    WARNING!!!

Failed to Read DVD!

This could have several different reasons.

1) Dirty try and clean
    2)Damaged Replace it
    3) Drive is a Region Locked RPC2 . . . scrambled, different region. Try to find RPC1 patched firmware
    4) Drive is an RPC2 not assigned a Region. Try to find RPC1 patched firmware
    --

1. Update to Anydvd 6.3.1.4 beta: click http://sandbox.slysoft.com/beta/SetupAnyDVD6314.exe

Reboot if prompted.

2. Click the red fox icon on your desktop. Click the "Default" button. Click "ok".

3. Download Nero cd-dvd speed. It's a free program. With Anydvd running in the background, select the tab labeled "scandisc". Select the appropriate drive letter, and click "start". If Nero cd-dvd speed reports read errors, your disc is (probably) bad and needs to be exchanged--even if it plays fine (or your optical drive could be slowly dying).

That's a faulty original disc that needs to be exchanged, even if it plays fine (try cleaning the disc). In other words, options 1 and 2 from the original error message you received apply.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2008