• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

ROM Mark

So basically he just has found a way to modify his BDP-S300 player to play his copied tities. Smart but I wonder where he found software to do so?

nope no special software he reckons it just works, and so does his friends, I've tried it over here in the UK and can't get it to work in any players I've tried it in

So he just claims it works but how so, UK and US players can be that different from one another only the difference in the region codeing of course. Has James said anything on the matter or know how to do it?

Last edited:
I have used nero to make a disc to disc copy and as long as I had AnydvdHD running in the background it removed the aacs encryption and it then worked fine on a standalone player. A disc to disc copy is exactly the same as making an ISO file and that works fine as well

That's what I thought, DonCarlos was talking crap. Thanks very much for clearing that up.

So he just claims it works but how so, UK and US players can be that different from one another only the difference in the region codeing of course. Has James said anything on the matter or know how to do it?

They may have different firmware versions on them

That's what I thought, DonCarlos was talking crap. Thanks very much for clearing that up.

I didn't talk crap. The way Adbear copies his Blu ray he gets a BD-R not a BD-ROM. This can only be played back in a standalone player because this standalone player supports BD-R playback. If it would not support this his player would not play it. By the way it is Adbear who has some trouble with HDDVD burning right?!He does it the same way with his HDDVD backups but they don't play back on his HDDVD standalone and that is why his standaloneplayer doesn't support HDDVD-R playback. Anyways in this thread the topic was about ROM-Mark. I told the starter of this thread that it would be impossible to burn a disk which has that ROM-Mark so it will not play back as a BD-ROM(!) in any player. Than the sarter asked for a way to "clone" the disk. Again I said it is impossible. Because by using AnyDVD HD to rip of AACS you cannot get a "clone" or a BD-ROM. If you could it that way any player software would play it back without any problems, but why do you think WinDVD doesn't?Because it doesn't see it as a BD-ROM it doesn't see it as a BD-R either...... I tell you again the ISO way works but because of the BD-R playback ability and not because you "clone" or make exact copies. The copy disc funktion in nero copies the disk nero sees, but nero sees not the original disk it sees the virtual disk which AnyDVD shows and that has no AACS so you can not copy the original one by one. Perhaps the layer break stays at the same spot in that way but I doubt it....

@Pelvis Popcan: The first Quote you took from me was rapped out of the context. It is imposible to burn such a BD-ROM. I never said it would be impossible to burn a Blu ray disk which can be played back in your Blu ray standalone player.

Last edited:
nope no special software he reckons it just works, and so does his friends, I've tried it over here in the UK and can't get it to work in any players I've tried it in

i just got my 300 for testing purposes (US) and will let you know what I find out. I am hoping it'll at least play BDMVs for now (which I am told it does).

i just got my 300 for testing purposes (US) and will let you know what I find out. I am hoping it'll at least play BDMVs for now (which I am told it does).

It will be good if it does as the online manual for the 300p states it doesn't support bd-r or bd-re

Ok, that answers my question. So now to go in a different direction I'm guessing when CloneDVD HD comes out it will just support "copying the virtual image" without AACS and then putting it on a BD-R or BD-RE that will play in standalone players right? Just a sidenote I was not talking about compression of any sort cause that takes away what was the orginal purpose of Blu-ray and HD DVD was to have high def movies. I think to compress it destroys the whole point of "high defination". Also if someone could clarify the difference b/w BD-ROM(what the disc manufactors have) and BD-R(what the blu-ray disc association gives the consumers).

Last edited:
BD-ROM are pressed discs created by authoring houses, BD-R and BD-RE are ones you can write to yourself. BD-ROM must have AACS encryption which you have to pay to have put on them. BD-R and BD-RE don not need to have AACS encryption on them

I'm guessing when CloneDVD HD comes out it will just support "copying the virtual image" without AACS and then putting it on a BD-R or BD-RE that will play in standalone players right? Just a sidenote I was not talking about compression of any sort cause that takes away what was the orginal purpose of Blu-ray and HD DVD was to have high def movies. I think to compress it destroys the whole point of "high defination".

There are so many programs which can save image of Blu-ray disc to hard drive and burn it to BD-R/RE disc, that creating another one - CloneDVD HD just for that purpose, does not make much sense. You can use Nero, Roxio, ImgBurn, CloneCD, and many other programs. Cyberlink also sells a program for burning called Power2Go.

If CloneDVD HD ever comes out, it will probably be focused on re-authoring and remuxing Blu-ray and HD-DVD discs. E.g. you will be able to get rid of unwanted audio tracks, subtitles, menus, extras etc. Also, I read that on newer blu-ray titles the main movie could span several .m2ts files, not just one single file, as usually. So "CloneDVD HD" should be able to create a single .m2ts file which will contain the main movie with selected audio and subtitle tracks.

As to compresssion and re-encoding, I agree with you - it is not needed.

But I think the top priority now is to conquer BD+, and not "CloneDVD HD". We can live without it for a while.

NO, I agree we can wait for CloneDVD HD. Yes our top priority must be BD+. I wonder why James is keeping it a secret from the community cause I haven't seen him post anywhere, on the status of BD+. Its just a matter of time before it is fully cracked and this is good as Warner today announced that they will support Blu-ray and NOT HD DVD which sucks but I think this war is finally coming to an end which is good. Slysoft will just show the movie companies that even though they went with the more restrictive format their movies are still getting copied. Honestly how stupid are these movie execs. Invest millions or even billions in technology that is broken the next day SMART. STUPID IDIOTS!!!

Back