• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

ROM Mark

I understand where to get the software from Corel because I already bought it, I was wondering where the link was for the WinDVD BD for Vaio link was cause you said it was free on sonys site but all I could find was the update.

I can only assume you're in the USA. I went to the link for WinDVD, and thought I'd purchase it as with the exchange rate it works out around £35 ($69). So I went to buy it, entered all my details and then all of a sudden the price jumps from $69 to £69 then they add tax which takes it to £82 ($160) it's no wonder no one is buying it when it's such a rip off

Where can you download it for free on sonys website? Can you provide a link?

It depends on the region. For FZ18G (Australian equivalent of FZ180), for example, it's here:

http://www.sony-asia.com/support/download/product/vgn-fz18g?site=hp_en_AP_i

Here you can download program updates though. But on my AR49G I was able to download and install the full version from "VAIO Update" page of "VAIO Update" program when I uninstalled it completely. Then I applied the latest update.

I understand where to get the software from Corel because I already bought it, I was wondering where the link was for the WinDVD BD for Vaio link was cause you said it was free on sonys site but all I could find was the update.

I posted the link from Corel site before I saw your post. It was actually for James.

If you want to burn them back to a BD-R and want to play them back in a new player it would be very difficult I don't want to say impossible but lets say almost impossible.

On what basis do you make that statement. Have you tried it yourself?

It was my understanding that you could copy or "clone" a Blu-Ray disc to a Blu-Ray blank using any program that supports Blu-Ray (like Nero) and AnyDVD, just like you can with DVD9. It's just that the cost of the Blu-Ray blank doesn't make it cost effective.

So that's incorrect? It's "almost impossible?"

I went to buy it, entered all my details and then all of a sudden the price jumps from $69 to £69

Don't tell them where you are actually from. Tell them you are from the US. And do not select any currency except USD. Then the price should stay.

Last edited:
Don't tell them where you are actually from. Tell them you are from the US. And do not select any currency except USD. Then the price should stay.

If you don't tell them where you are then you can't pay for it
Actually it looks like once I've entered all my details if I then go back and change the website back to US it gives me the price back at the dollar price. But it's still a rip off on the rest of the world that they try to charge so much

Also does it let you play BD's and BD+ from the harddrive?

Last edited:
Thanks a lot! Pretty well hidden, looks like they don't want to sell it...

But what about this?
"Requires either NVIDIA GeForce 8500GT, 8600HT or 8600GTS graphic card."

Are they serious?
You can download the WindDVD 8 BD/HD advisor tool from Corel's InterVideo site here:
http://www.intervideo.com/jsp/bdhdTool_Download.jsp
Any graphics card that supports Hardware Acceleration should be OK according to that page:
VGA Chipset: Please make sure your VGA chipset supports hardware acceleration.

VGA Driver Version: To ensure you can enjoy full quality of Blu-ray and HD DVD movies, please visit ATI and NVIDIA website to download the latest driver.

On what basis do you make that statement. Have you tried it yourself?

It was my understanding that you could copy or "clone" a Blu-Ray disc to a Blu-Ray blank using any program that supports Blu-Ray (like Nero) and AnyDVD, just like you can with DVD9. It's just that the cost of the Blu-Ray blank doesn't make it cost effective.

So that's incorrect? It's "almost impossible?"

I have to say two things. No you can't "clone" a blu ray. If you would clone it you would need to clone the complete AACS, put the layer break to the right spot and many things more. That would be the so called "almost impossible".
My first answer was just a little guessing I thought ROM-Mark would be something like StarForce(I hope I explain it the right way what it is) which checks how far the first and the last sektor on a disc are away from each other. That is on every pressed disc the same.(ROM-Mark is something different so you do not need to bother about that). In fact ROM-Mark is something against mass piracy where you really try to clone the disc. They want to give you a BD-ROM but if that doesn't have the ROM-Mark per definition it is not a BD-ROM and because of that it is not played back in a standalone. We here are doing something different. We are ripping of AACS(ROM-Mark should be gone too) and burn it back to a BD-R. Many players(software and standalone) are able to playback BD-R. Thats why for example we could burn our holiday videos on such a disc and would like to watch them on the player. But our holiday videos are just unprotected hollywood videos.....All we have to do now is to be able to burn a BD-R which is everywhere accepted as a BD-R. Which is disscused in this thread right now........

Last edited:
I have used nero to make a disc to disc copy and as long as I had AnydvdHD running in the background it removed the aacs encryption and it then worked fine on a standalone player. A disc to disc copy is exactly the same as making an ISO file and that works fine as well

Last edited:
But than it is not a "clone" because you do not have exact the same data on the disc. A clone would be exact the same disc like the original. Every bit has to be at the same position and AACS has still to be there and so on....But I am a little unsure what you get either you get a BD-R which works on the players in a way I explained before or you have a player which plays BD-ROMs without AACS(what shouldn't be the case, because a BD-ROM without AACS is not a BD-ROM according to the specs)

I didn't say anything about cloning, and he did ask if it was possible to copy or clone to which I answered it was possible to copy to a bd-r and play back in a settop player

James when do you think that we will be able to see a fix for WinDVD? Also this is directed towards everyone, can someone point me to the thread that would discuss how to copy a BD-ROM to BD-R that is playable in a player such as the BDP-S300. Does anyone know of a 50 GB RE disc and could provide a link to buy?

Last edited:
can someone point me to the thread that would discuss how to copy a BD-ROM to BD-R that is playable in a player such as the BDP-S300. Does anyone know of a 50 GB RE disc and could provide a link to buy?

BD-Rs are waste of money, in my opinion. At present it is much more reasonable to use BD-REs. At least you can rewrite them 10000 times.

If you live in the US, you can buy Panasonic 50GB BD-REs on Amazon. If not, you can try to search on eBay. I bought one some time ago from some Japanese seller.

To copy BD-ROM to BD-RE, you have two options:

1) Create an .iso image of BD-ROM when AnyDVD is running with any burning program you like. Then burn that image to BD-RE.

2) Rip Blu-ray movie to folders on hard drive by using AnyDVD HD ripper or Windows Explorer. Then burn those folders to BD-RE using a burning program, which allows you to explicitly select UDF 2.5 file system. To my knowledge, currently there are two such programs: one is Nero Burning ROM, and another is Vista's built-in burner. In the latter case, you have to format BD-RE using UDF 2.5 file system and then copy your folders to disc using Windows Explorer.

The first option is generally considered more reliable as it preserves more features of original disc.

For BD-Rs it is all the same as for BD-REs, except that I'm not sure whether Vista will allow you to format BD-R.

Last edited:
well as long as it's not a BD+ then you can just rip to the harddrive with AnydvdHD running as either a folder or as an iso then burn it back to disc using nero. If it's using folders then manually set the UDF to 2.5 and thats it. I've not used that particular player, but they work fine on pretty much anything else I've tried it on. Some people have had success this way with BD+ as well, but so far I havn't

Ati

For what it is worth I have an ATI X1950 card and the WinDVD BD/HD version will NOT work with it. I believe they use the Nvidia engine for the decode or something like that.

Can anyone tell me how to copy a bd+ title, for anyone who successfully has and what type of bd player your where using? Also what software is the best for backing up HD DVD's and Blu-Ray ISO's. All I know of are CloneCD and ImgBurn but are there others that will do a better job?

copying a BD+ is the same as copy a BD, there's 1 guy on here who seems to be able to get them working, I've tried but can't get copied BD+ to work in anything other than the PC. So if it does work I suspect it's to do with firmware versions on the players which you'll have to update at some point to get future discs to play at which point I'd expect them to also have plugged the BD+ playback

Who is this one guy and why has he not told people how to do it?

he's been posting about it on here for the past week, just look down the threads, and there's nothing special to it you use exactly the same method as you do to make a standard BD copy, but he appears to have a player that it plays back on

Back