• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Role of the ANY! folder with backup copies?

jmone

I'm not sure if I need/want the ANY! folder in backup copies (or even if I have the wrong end of the stick)

eg To make a copy of a Region A disc that plays in a Region B player, do I:
1) Mount Disc / ISO with AnyDVD HD running and doing it's thing
2) In ImgBurn, use the "Build" mode to Burn ONLY the BDMV & Certificate folder to the Disc (eg leave out the ANY! folder)
3) Burn.....

Thanks
Nathan

PS - Sorry if this has been asked and answered (I did search but found nothing on ANY!) and please move if it is in the wrong forum

I can confirm form extensive testing (well 1 disc) that the above works fine!
Thanks
Nathan

the ANY! folder is basically just a backup of the original AACS folder on the disc. the players (tmt3/powerdvd) look for the AACS folder. if it doesnt exist they assume the disc is not encrypted.

im pretty sure that burning without the ANY! or ANYVM folders should work.

So is there any reason "to" keep the ANY! and/or ANYVM folders in the rips? And if there isn't is there a setting in AnyDVD Image Ripper to not put them in the iso? Or would I just rip to hard drive then create the iso with imgburn?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
So is there any reason "to" keep the ANY! and/or ANYVM folders in the rips? And if there isn't is there a setting in AnyDVD Image Ripper to not put them in the iso?
No and unfortunately no.

Or would I just rip to hard drive then create the iso with imgburn?

Sure, but you'll loose the original file positioning / interleaving, and it'll take longer.

Thanks for the quick response, so how important is original file positioning / interleaving, I mean if you run the files through bd rebuilder this is going to happen anyway. So I would assume not that important except maybe for picture in picture where the laser would need that data close to prevent stuttering?

Thanks for the quick response, so how important is original file positioning / interleaving, I mean if you run the files through bd rebuilder this is going to happen anyway. So I would assume not that important except maybe for picture in picture where the laser would need that data close to prevent stuttering?

What's the big deal about having the Any! folder anyway? It would prevent you from having to go through the trouble of getting rid of it when keeping it doesn't hurt anything in the first place and it's not a big file at all.

As a programmer, I would suggest that AnyDVD (and HD) is taking the easy way out. Instead of creating a whole new UDF structure to describe the disc as they wish it to appear (decrypted), they just change 3 bytes on the fly when returning data, if they are returning the block with the folder structure "AACS" in it, they change the named to "ANY!". It's a heck of a lot easier and less prone to producing errors and corrupt volumes.

But yeah, if you're making a dupe, leave that folder off. No need to take the shortcut way if you're rebuilding a whole new disc structure before burning anyway.

Back