• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Rogue One Star Wars BD scratchy, crackling noise

nitewulf69

Strange situation here when playing the above Blu-ray title. I get a strange crackling, scratchy noise in the opening scenes and at other times throughout the disc. A logfile is attached. I'm using AnyDVD HD 8.5.2.0.
PC is running Windows 10 64 pro with all updates through today. Internal Blu-ray/DVD is LG WH14NS40.
The affected disc plays fine in a home player and also 2 laptops with internal Blu-ray combo drives.
I hooked up a USB external Blu-ray drive and scratchy sounds are duplicated. Switching to internal HD audio produces same noise (I use a Sound BlasterX G6 USB). I don't rip Blu-rays by the way, only watch them on my PC. I have AnyDVD for ripping regular DVDs. I was about to give up and try reinstalling Windows when someone on a forum asked me if I was running AnyDVD. They said if yes, to try exiting the program.
Being skeptical, I exited AnyDVD and what do you know, the Blu-ray disc plays just fine using PowerDVD Ultra 19.

Ch3vr0n or James, do you have any idea what could be causing this apparent conflict with AnyDVD? I've used AnyDVD for years with no problems of this kind. I read and am familiar with all the digital rights issues you posted as stickies. I realize the workaround is simply to turn off AnyDVD when watching Blu-rays, but just curious what the problem might be.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.5.2.0_Info_F_ROGUE_ONE_A_STAR_WARS_STORY_38E2CF31_7519D588.ziplog
    575.4 KB · Views: 3
Please tell me, where / when you get a crackling sound. It is not really clear. Playback on PC with PowerDVD 19 with AnyDVD enabled?
You can try, if disabling Program Settings -> "Prevent Player Software from detecting Cinavia" makes any difference.

Thanks for the reply, James. No, unchecking that setting has no effect. The crackling starts at exactly :0048 (48 seconds) into the movie as the small craft are approaching the coast and lasts until about 1:32 (one minute, 32 seconds). I just tried again and sure enough, exiting AnyDVD prior to playback solved the problem. I thought maybe the Soundblaster, Realtek or nVidia HD audio drivers were conflicting with AnyDVD and I have uninstalled and reinstalled all 3 including rolling back to previous drivers with no effect.
I'll just keep experimenting as I have time and disable or uninstall various programs that might be the culprit. The same title streamed in HDX via Vudu plays fine by the way with AnyDVD enabled so it's only during physical disc playback.

Back