• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Ripping Yarns Disc 1

RichMc

Back in Feb somone had this problem but it wasn't resolved, read error at same spot, have tried two different master discs.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_6.6.8.3_Info_I_DVDVolume.zip
    82.3 KB · Views: 4
AnyDVD_Status

Code:
Summary for drive I: (AnyDVD 6.6.8.3)
HL-DT-ST BDDVDRW GGC-H20L 1.03 420515085689N93347
Drive (Hardware) Region: 2

Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 1974528 sectors (3856 MBytes)
Total size: 3540528 sectors (6915 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: DVDVolume
Media is CSS protected!
Media is locked to region(s): 2!
Video Standard: PAL

AI scan forced, heuristic scan detected no protection!
Found & removed structural copy protection!
RCE protection not found.
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Removed CSS copy protection!
Bad sector protection not found.
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 2!
The version of AnyDVD you are using ( 6.6.8.3 ) is up to date. If you are a registered user, I strongly recommend that you update to the latest beta version 6.6.8.6

Code:
HL-DT-ST BDDVDRW GGC-H20L 1.03 420515085689N93347
Please ensure you are using the latest firmware for your optical drive. See here.

Rip speeds on DVD and Blu-Ray might be improved by MediaCodeSpeedEdit. Please see RIPLOCK.
If installed (often from Duplex Secure, Daemon Tools or Alcohol 120% ), uninstall SPTD, which is the culprit for slow rips.
See here and here.

A special firmware exists for this drive. See here. This patch modifies the drive firmware in a way that it will report the volume unique id without the need of an authentification with a player key. By doing so, one part of the aacs protection is completly knocked out, because it is no longer possible to prevent anybody from getting the volume unique id by invalidating the player key used by the ripping software.

AnyDVD_Log

Code:
 10.50s: read sectors failed, sense 3:10:0
 10.81s: read sectors failed, sense 3:10:0
 11.11s: read sectors failed, sense 3:10:0
 11.11s: read error 137228 to 137229, max 3540528, io->read_error 0
There are read errors which can be caused by a badly pressed disc, dirty disc, damaged disc, problematic filters, driver conflicts, and a slowly dying DVD drive among other things.

See here. Download Nero cd-dvd speed. It's a free program. With Anydvd running in the background, select the tab labelled "scandisc". Select the appropriate drive letter, and click "start". If Nero cd-dvd speed reports read errors, your disc is (probably) bad and needs to be exchanged--even if it plays fine (or your optical drive could be slowly dying).

Done Any DVD And Firmware , still no good

Attachments

• AnyDVD_6.6.8.6_Info_I_DVDVolume.zip
    82.2 KB · Views: 2
Did you do the Nero bit at the end?

AnyDVD_Status

Code:
Summary for drive I: (AnyDVD 6.6.8.6)
HL-DT-ST BDDVDRW GGC-H20L 1.03 410515085689N93347
Drive (Hardware) Region: 2

Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 1974528 sectors (3856 MBytes)
Total size: 3540528 sectors (6915 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: DVDVolume
Media is CSS protected!
Media is locked to region(s): 2!
Video Standard: PAL

AI scan forced, heuristic scan detected no protection!
Found & removed structural copy protection!
RCE protection not found.
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Removed CSS copy protection!
Bad sector protection not found.
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 2!
The version of AnyDVD you are using ( 6.6.8.6 ) is out of date. Please update to the latest release Version 6.6.8.8.
Code:
HL-DT-ST BDDVDRW GGC-H20L 1.03 410515085689N93347

AnyDVD_Log

Code:
 17.85s: read sectors failed, sense 3:11:0
 18.47s: read sectors failed, sense 3:10:0
 18.77s: read sectors failed, sense 3:10:0
 19.08s: read sectors failed, sense 3:10:0
 19.08s: read error 137228 to 137229, max 3540528, io->read_error 0
There are read errors which can be caused by a badly pressed disc, dirty disc, damaged disc, problematic filters, driver conflicts, and a slowly dying DVD drive among other things.

See here. Download Nero cd-dvd speed. It's a free program. With Anydvd running in the background, select the tab labelled "scandisc". Select the appropriate drive letter, and click "start". If Nero cd-dvd speed reports read errors, your disc is (probably) bad and needs to be exchanged--even if it plays fine (or your optical drive could be slowly dying).

Likely a bad/borderline disc

Done Any DVD And Firmware , still no good

I suspect that as long as this kind of thing appears in the log

17.85s: read sectors failed, sense 3:11:0
17.86s: tries 2 retry 136234 to 136235
18.47s: read sectors failed, sense 3:10:0
18.47s: tries 2 retry 137228 to 137229
18.77s: read sectors failed, sense 3:10:0
18.77s: tries 1 retry 137228 to 137229
19.08s: read sectors failed, sense 3:10:0
19.08s: tries 0 retry 137228 to 137229
19.08s: read error 137228 to 137229, max 3540528, io->read_error 0
WARNING: Problem reading navpack, curSector 99213, absoluteSector 137228

you can forget trying to copy this one. Yes, it may play and look perfect.
Those are data errors and it's Windows rules for data that apply.
This is not a protection issue.

Doing the nero bit now,

Frank are you saying that this disc is cleverly mastered to prevent back up? I have had two master copies that give exactly the same error at exactly the same place. In all the years I've used this software I have not come accross a disc that has defeated ANYDVD and this is a BBC disc and the contents is very old, if this is defeating the programme then there is a problem that needs a solution.

Result of nero same on two discs, Hmm suspicious!

Attachments

• Image1.jpg
    Image1.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 9
Sorry, this means the disk is bad. It's not a problem with AnyDVD or that AnyDVD can overcome.

From time to time there are simply bad batches of disks.

Doing the nero bit now,

Frank are you saying that this disc is cleverly mastered to prevent back up?

No, he's saying that manufacturing defects usually happen in the exact same place on the same batch of disks.

ie This isn't a copy protection issue.

-W

Sorry BS! anydvd has encounted a situation that it can't handle and correct, if tried a hundred copies of this disk I don't think it would cope, I tried convertXtoDVD and made an acceptable copy, not a clone that I wanted (any/clone) so this time the software will not work.

BS. Its been proven time and time again. Just because a disc LOOKS fine on the outside and PLAYS FINE, doesnt mean its fine for ripping. Players that read faults in the disc just skip that bit resulting in video you don't see. RIPPING on the other hand is a bitperfect copy. If it can't read a specific section, then the ripping cannot continue. Ripping CANNOT skip and therefor results in an abort. ConvertX falls under the first category. It doesnt rip anything. Only plays/processes the file into a new container

Sorry BS! anydvd has encounted a situation that it can't handle and correct, if tried a hundred copies of this disk I don't think it would cope, I tried convertXtoDVD and made an acceptable copy, not a clone that I wanted (any/clone) so this time the software will not work.

Just because you don't like the answer does not make it wrong.

Just because you don't like the answer does not make it wrong.

And another copy of the disc, so thats 3 tried by me and one by another anydvd user in Feb, so were all four from the same batch? and had the same fault in the same place?
I think this is a case of anydvd failing to detect bad sector protection, as for not liking the answer I'm just questioning the response that sounds like "not our problem mate", when it seems that there is somthing in the mastering thats causing it, therefore a software thing on the disc or a deliberate error put there to prevent copying, either way anydvd can't get over it, so whats to stop DVD manufactuers doing this on all discs?

And another copy of the disc, so thats 3 tried by me and one by another anydvd user in Feb, so were all four from the same batch? and had the same fault in the same place?
I think this is a case of anydvd failing to detect bad sector protection, as for not liking the answer I'm just questioning the response that sounds like "not our problem mate", when it seems that there is somthing in the mastering thats causing it, therefore a software thing on the disc or a deliberate error put there to prevent copying, either way anydvd can't get over it, so whats to stop DVD manufactuers doing this on all discs?

We've seen stranger duplicate faults here on the board - that were indeed bad pressings. What you're seeing and then think you're deducting is not unique here.
But like Mike said, send the logfile into Slysoft directly if you want to be extra sure. (Though I'd almost bet James saw this thread and looked at the logs.)

Out of curisity what is "Yarns" and how many disks other than Disk 1 in the set?

-W

Last edited by a moderator:
If there is no structural protection then there should be no bad sectors appearing when Nero DiscSpeed is used. There are, however, bad sectors showing up. This does indicate a bad disc. Given the read errors that show up during the scanning process there winds up being a failure to obtain titlekeys so the CSS won't be fully removed.

Entire batches of pressed DVD-ROMs can be bad. I've seen it happen and I've experienced it myself.

As has been suggested, at this point directly contacting Slysoft is the best course of action. I do not believe, however, that this is going to wind up being a bug in the software. To contact Slysoft directly refer here: http://www.slysoft.com/en/contact.html.

Last edited:
Back