• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Ripping with CloneBD (with AnyDVD HD running) vs Ripping with AnyDVD HD

FritzS

I have the latest drops of AnyDVD HD and CloneBD.

AnyDVD HD has an option to rip a BluRay disc to an ISO. Of course, so does CloneBD. I have run into a number of BluRay discs that fail in the CloneBD ripping process (The Tempest, some of the Rome discs, etc.) I have sent in the failure zip files for each failure.

In these cases, I am able to successfully rip an ISO using AnyDVD HD. And the ISO plays on a computer that does not have AnyDVD HD in it -- so clearly the copy protection is removed.

What advantages are there to using CloneBD instead of just ripping using AnyDVD HD? As I said, my success rate so far with AnyDVD HD is significantly higher.

Fritz

What advantages are there to using CloneBD instead of just ripping using AnyDVD HD? As I said, my success rate so far with AnyDVD HD is significantly higher.

For a 1:1 copy there are no advantages, other than CloneBD can burn to disc.

CloneBD has many other options though, like compressing the disc down to fit to a chosen size and removing unwanted video/audio/subtitles.
AnyDVD does not have any options other than ripping the complete disc to an ISO image.

Back