• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Ripping with 4 BD drives at same time

About 3ish months ago, I discovered the Nimbie. It's a USB 3.0 robot changer. It only has 1 drive but a capacity of 100 discs. I just load it up, and a few days later it's empty.

I'd never seen this before. Very cool :cool:

...I discovered the Nimbie. It's a USB 3.0 robot changer. It only has 1 drive but a capacity of 100 discs. I just load it up, and a few days later it's empty. It's _so_ much better. Imgburn supports robots as well. It's made by a company called Acronova. It also comes with software, but it's more for duplication rather than just wanting to create .isos. It's not entirely cheap, but _much_ cheaper than what I spent on the parts to make the 10 drive ripping tower.

Hope that helps!

That NB21-BR is very interesting. I was looking at it on their website, and they pointed out the compatible use with binnerup's My Movies program which I use. What has your experience been with BR, as there are quite a few "verified purchases" bad reviews where it is listed on Amazon saying it doesn't work or get stuck? (I dismissed the review trying to use it on a MAC.) On the other hand, if it doesn't work with Amazon Prime, returns are easy and free.

That NB21-BR is very interesting. I was looking at it on their website, and they pointed out the compatible use with binnerup's My Movies program which I use. What has your experience been with BR, as there are quite a few "verified purchases" bad reviews where it is listed on Amazon saying it doesn't work or get stuck? (I dismissed the review trying to use it on a MAC.) On the other hand, if it doesn't work with Amazon Prime, returns are easy and free.
I bought a NB21-BR around a month ago. Initially it had a load problem. One call to Acronova, a real person answered the phone! Tried a few things determined the drive was bad and they sent me a new one fast. BTW they are using pioneer drives. Haven't had a single problem since. I did build a stand for it so I could utilize the full 100 disc capacity unattended. I have been using it with dbpoweramp. I've run through over 5000 cds without a glitch. I have not used it with My Movies yet. I have been trying to figure out their whole points thing, as well as how to install it as it seems you have to be running WHS 2011 or 2012 essentials (neither of which I have). Nimbie will still be busy with cds until I get the whole My Movies thing figured out.

I bought a NB21-BR around a month ago. Initially it had a load problem. One call to Acronova, a real person answered the phone! Tried a few things determined the drive was bad and they sent me a new one fast. BTW they are using pioneer drives. Haven't had a single problem since. I did build a stand for it so I could utilize the full 100 disc capacity unattended. I have been using it with dbpoweramp. I've run through over 5000 cds without a glitch. I have not used it with My Movies yet. I have been trying to figure out their whole points thing, as well as how to install it as it seems you have to be running WHS 2011 or 2012 essentials (neither of which I have). Nimbie will still be busy with cds until I get the whole My Movies thing figured out.

The MyMovie points thing....bottom line is just pay them $100 for 2500 points and you get unlimited access to all the features you need. Just don't add any new movie data/disc folder images until you are 100% sure they are correct, as they do get ticked off when new people add their version, and title display format that you may prefer. They have guidelines for example on how they want TV series inputted. I have only contributed 1 title in 3 years, so it's not a big deal.

I have had the Nimbie NB21-BR for just a few days, and the joy of being able to already rip 150+ DVD & 15 BR having them automatically go into my MyMovies, stored on my Qnap 8 drive NAS for easy streaming to my TV Dune player is indescribable! There were only 2 rejected DVD discs which drop out the bottom, and which I simply put in my newer LG BR single drive, and those two ripped accurately and easily.

The Nimbie NB21-BR is the best thing since sliced bread. It is not cheap, but for the benefit of inputting 6-8K DVD/BR & 9-10K music CD's essentially as a set it and forget it....is a dream!

There are a few settings that you have to figure out in the MyMovies setup menu, and then launch the stack of discs to start running from the MyMovies Dashboard...then off it goes.

Sorry for the delayed response. I haven't ever tried it on a Mac. Apple/"Steve" never bought into the whole BR thing and, as such, it's not really a supported thing. To that end, it's always been a YMMV kind of deal. Further, anydvd doesn't work on a Mac, so the whole BR ripping from a Mac seems more of a 'stillborn' idea than something to actively wish to beat one's head against. But...kudos if you got it to work. :)

That said, and to answer your main query, I have had very good results. The only time I've had any kind of 'stuck/jam' issues has been when I've mixed BR and DVD media in the same stack. And then it depends on the type of DVD media. BR media, as you're aware is super slick, as in slippery. I've noted that the printing on some DVD labels may be a lesser quality than others and ends up being a bit 'tacky' if a BR is stacked on top of it. Especially w/the weight of several BR discs on top of it. Beyond that, the only other 'stuck' state I've run into has been w/some scratched/poor quality DVDs. To the extent that the drive just keeps trying to read the TOC or whatever. Never times out. I just reach into the mech and press the eject button on the BR drive. Then I deal with the piece of media in other ways. Purchasing new media from a 2nd hand store if the disk doctor can't fix it.

No other issues. No regrets and don't even begrudge the relatively high price for the thing. I do think it'd be nice if they offered 'more swell' software for the ripping workflow as opposed to the duplication type. One of the things I have to do w/my scripts is generate a random string to append to the disk label because some studios are supremely lazy w/the disk labeling from no label at all to every disc in the series containing the same label. In a batch rip situation that would end up overwriting or blocking on the 2nd disc in the chain if user input was required to confirm overwrite. So...custom scripts + imgburn w/random label append has worked pretty well. Just requires a bit of post-ripping effort.

I've run just over 2300 discs through it.

Thanks for your follow up. I also have an excellent experience with it. Have run about 1200 DVD & BR through it, using MyMovies. Just love using it.

Back