• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Ripping T2

yogurt80

Has anyone found a workaround through the DRM on disc 2 of Terminator 2 Extreme Edition? I own the set, but wanted to rip the HD movie to my hard drive on my HTPC. For anyone unfamilier with the scheme, the 2nd disc has a high def version of the film for use with media player 9 using propritary interactual software which requires downloading a 5 day license from microsoft just to watch the superior version.

Does anyone have a good way around this?

Has anyone found a workaround through the DRM on disc 2 of Terminator 2 Extreme Edition? I own the set, but wanted to rip the HD movie to my hard drive on my HTPC. For anyone unfamilier with the scheme, the 2nd disc has a high def version of the film for use with media player 9 using propritary interactual software which requires downloading a 5 day license from microsoft just to watch the superior version.

Don't have the T2 Extreme, but this works with similar WMV-HD discs from Germany: Use CloneCD to copy the disc 1:1, mount the image in Virtual CloneDrive.

Yes using CloneCD will get you everything on this one. If you use CloneDVD you only get 1.6 gigs of data and not the games etc....

This may be of help to you, I haven't used it myself but I know someone who has and they say its brilliant..;)

http://tunebite.com/en/remove_drm/index.html

I don't really think it is DRM but the other folders are games and stuff like that.

Yeah, I've ripped it (I have to because I can't *watch* my copy otherwise).

Here, I'll upload the file you need for you... use drm2wmv_e.exe, I've included both decryption keys you need (you need one or the other depending on if yours was early or late issue - but they're already in the correct place, I think). Don't forget to scan the files for any viruses - I'm pretty sure they're clean though, but I didn't make the program. It's a very small download, and a very fast decode! :D
link edited

Last edited by a moderator:
By the way James, the DRM on T2EE is region-specific - so you or I (living outside of the USA/Canada) cannot play the movie without decrypting it first - or spending hours trying to find a working US proxy that won't be detected as a proxy. The file that can decrypt it is drm2wmv.exe (the "drm2wmv_e.exe" being the English-version), but it needs the correct decryption key (which you can get with another file that comes with is called key2find.exe - but from memory you must have version 9 of Windows Media Player and not 10 or 11 since they don't run in the presence of a debugger - and of course you'd need to be in the USA or Canada or have found a non-detectable proxy to do so).

Thank you everyone for your input. I actually tried ripping the movie with clone cd and it works- to an extent. I was able to watch the image, but only through lame interactual player, which sux. And, even with any dvd, my movie was still encrypted. The picture Is very dark for about 20 minutes, then goes very bright, then back to dark again. I'll try that patch and replace the previous image with that one.... We'll see.

Well, I re-ripped the image, and the movie won't play unless it connects to the internet to acquire a license. Is there anyway to bypass this? It's such a pain!! I just want to rip all my movies to my hard drive and watch the images without having to wait for a license.
:bang:

Back