• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Ripping HD-DVD with XBox 360 drive fails under Win Vista 64-bit

kurtrad1

I have tried installing AnyDVD with HD license key on my machine which dual boots. In one partition is Win Vista Ultimate 64-bit, and AnyDVD can't RIP an HD-DVD.. none that I have tried which are 5 different titles. It seems after I upgraded the AnyDVD to the latest version that my HD-DVD player software stopped functioning too.

If I boot into my original 32-bit install of Windows XP on the same hardware, and most of the same software, then AnyDVD works like a champ and rips HD-DVD no trouble. The ripped version is then playable on my machine when booted with 64-bit Vista.

The machine is a E6400 Intel Core Duo with Intel M/B, 2GBytes Dual Channel DDR, 3 SATA hard drives toatalling 1.25 TB, ATI Radeon X1600 with 512 MByte RAM. The HD-DVD is the XBOX 360 USB drive.

I have Alcohol52, SlySoft software, CyberLink PowerDVD, Norton 2007 A/V, Adobe Reader 8, Adobe FLash Player 9, and WinRAR.

What would you suggest trying to debug this further?

Same situation here, but I think I figured out something....running an E6600, Bad Axe Mobo, 2 gigs ram, vista x64 ultimate, 360 HDDVD Drive

Try going to your drive through explorer and you'll get an error saying a disc isn't inserted or is corrupt/formatted improperly...upon clicking the dialog for further information you'll see that there are three device drivers from anydvd that aren't signed and thus don't work.

For a quick workaround, reboot, hit f8 and choose 'disable driver signature enforcement'. Note that you'll have to do this each time you reboot

Maybe they forgot to sign these drivers. I know all the other programs drivers are signed.

Yea, they did release it extremely fast

EDIT: The first time I tried disabling the driver signature enforcement it worked, but it doesn't anymore for some odd reason...

Last edited:
There have been many discussions on different message boards relating to HD-DVD about software and drivers not working with Vista x64. Most if not all of the reviews I have read about vista recommend not using the 64 bit version. Personally I don't plan to upgrade to vista at all for a while.

I have tried installing AnyDVD with HD license key on my machine which dual boots. In one partition is Win Vista Ultimate 64-bit, and AnyDVD can't RIP an HD-DVD.. none that I have tried which are 5 different titles. It seems after I upgraded the AnyDVD to the latest version that my HD-DVD player software stopped functioning too.
I can confirm that the HD/deAACS part of AnyDVD is broken on 64bit OS (Vista64/XP64).
Fix is on the way.

Why do you bother? You don't even have a HD DVD drive.
It doesn't matter. I want to do everything I can to make sure it works for everyone. I actually care about other people besides myself. PM me instead of throwing this off-topic.

The bta version seems to have solved the HD-DVD issues I was experiencing. The PowerDVD player works again and so does HDVD ripping. No special boot modes are required.

Thanks

^^^ LOL, as far as I am concerned that is a non-issue. For example, my Intel D975XBX mobo has TPM capability but I didn't bother to install it. :policeman:

And 99.999% of hardware available now does not support PVP, and even it it did there would and will always be alternatives without it. So I really don't see your point...

Back