Ripping HD-DVD with XBox 360 drive fails under Win Vista 64-bit

Discussion in 'AnyDVD HD (Blu-ray issues)' started by kurtrad1, Feb 18, 2007.

1. kurtrad1

kurtrad1 New Member

I have tried installing AnyDVD with HD license key on my machine which dual boots. In one partition is Win Vista Ultimate 64-bit, and AnyDVD can't RIP an HD-DVD.. none that I have tried which are 5 different titles. It seems after I upgraded the AnyDVD to the latest version that my HD-DVD player software stopped functioning too.

If I boot into my original 32-bit install of Windows XP on the same hardware, and most of the same software, then AnyDVD works like a champ and rips HD-DVD no trouble. The ripped version is then playable on my machine when booted with 64-bit Vista.

The machine is a E6400 Intel Core Duo with Intel M/B, 2GBytes Dual Channel DDR, 3 SATA hard drives toatalling 1.25 TB, ATI Radeon X1600 with 512 MByte RAM. The HD-DVD is the XBOX 360 USB drive.

I have Alcohol52, SlySoft software, CyberLink PowerDVD, Norton 2007 A/V, Adobe Reader 8, Adobe FLash Player 9, and WinRAR.

What would you suggest trying to debug this further?

2. 3805

3805 New Member

Same situation here, but I think I figured out something....running an E6600, Bad Axe Mobo, 2 gigs ram, vista x64 ultimate, 360 HDDVD Drive

Try going to your drive through explorer and you'll get an error saying a disc isn't inserted or is corrupt/formatted improperly...upon clicking the dialog for further information you'll see that there are three device drivers from anydvd that aren't signed and thus don't work.

For a quick workaround, reboot, hit f8 and choose 'disable driver signature enforcement'. Note that you'll have to do this each time you reboot

3. DetroitBaseball

DetroitBaseball Well-Known Member

Maybe they forgot to sign these drivers. I know all the other programs drivers are signed.

4. 3805

3805 New Member

Yea, they did release it extremely fast

EDIT: The first time I tried disabling the driver signature enforcement it worked, but it doesn't anymore for some odd reason...

Last edited: Feb 18, 2007
  5. Androo79

Androo79 Well-Known Member

There have been many discussions on different message boards relating to HD-DVD about software and drivers not working with Vista x64. Most if not all of the reviews I have read about vista recommend not using the 64 bit version. Personally I don't plan to upgrade to vista at all for a while.

6. James

James Redfox Development Team Staff Member

I can confirm that the HD/deAACS part of AnyDVD is broken on 64bit OS (Vista64/XP64).
    Fix is on the way.

7. DetroitBaseball

Thank you James.

8. James

Here is the fix:

http://sandbox.slysoft.com/beta/SetupAnyDVD6124.exe

6.1.2.4 2007 02 18
    - Fix: HD DVD / AACS decryption did not work on 64bit OS
    - Some minor fixes and improvements
    - Updated languages

9. DetroitBaseball

Shouldn't this be a stable update though since it is serious?

10. James

Why do you bother? You don't even have a HD DVD drive.

11. DetroitBaseball

It doesn't matter. I want to do everything I can to make sure it works for everyone. I actually care about other people besides myself. PM me instead of throwing this off-topic.

12. 3805

3805 New Member

Thanks! Working Perfectly now

13. kurtrad1

kurtrad1 New Member

The bta version seems to have solved the HD-DVD issues I was experiencing. The PowerDVD player works again and so does HDVD ripping. No special boot modes are required.

Thanks

14. Darth Maul

Darth Maul New Member

15. 3805

3805 New Member

^^^ LOL, as far as I am concerned that is a non-issue. For example, my Intel D975XBX mobo has TPM capability but I didn't bother to install it. :policeman:

And 99.999% of hardware available now does not support PVP, and even it it did there would and will always be alternatives without it. So I really don't see your point...