• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Ripping full copy with AnyDvd vs AnyDvd with CloneBD

kzajac

This has probably been asked before, but can someone enlighten me. Are you better off ripping a disc with the straight AnyDvd function (Rip to image) or with CloneBD (no compression)? This is for Quality considerations not Time.

That depends, you need anydvd from the start. Without it, the content is encrypted, and clonebd can't process encrypted content at all.

That said, an iso image from anydvd, *should* sizewise be (near) identical as a lossless (pretty sure lossless is NOT entirely the same as no compression) copy done with CloneBD + anydvd running in the background as a decryption tool only.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

I am not sure how ripping works with Blu-Ray movies because I do not have that capability. I have ripped DVD movies with and without the compression and I have not been able to physically notice a difference in how the videos look when played. I can at times use AnyDVD with a compression program, I use, but there is times when I have to use both programs separately to get the results I want. I am not sure if this helps but figured I would mention.

I may be WRONG, but it seems to me that you are always better off just creating a complete 1to1 disk image w/protection using AnyDVD HD to hard drive than using Clone BD even with no compression. It seems like that would be the closest to the disk contents being as untouched as possible.

Don't think that's exactly true, but there shouldn't be any (or negligible) difference between an anydvd iso rip and a 'full disc copy' as it's called in CloneBD to an iso. Then again, I can be in the wrong here too but I don't think I am

Maybe @Reto or @Pete can clarify this

I think I remember @James actually promoted CloneBD for that. But usually I personally use AnyDVD because it's just a right click.

I may be WRONG, but it seems to me that you are always better off just creating a complete 1to1 disk image w/protection using AnyDVD HD to hard drive than using Clone BD even with no compression. It seems like that would be the closest to the disk contents being as untouched as possible.

I agree with worknstiff.

Don't think that's exactly true, but there shouldn't be any (or negligible) difference between an anydvd iso rip and a 'full disc copy' as it's called in CloneBD to an iso. Then again, I can be in the wrong here too but I don't think I am

Maybe @Reto or @Pete can clarify this

If the objective is to get a full disc copy on .iso, you're better off using AnyDVD Rip-to-Image because CloneBD will first make a "full-copy" folder then convert this to a .iso.

It may be true that all that copying still produces negligable degradation, by why create the .iso in two steps when you can do it in one?

I only use CloneBD when making some kind of change to the Blu-Ray, be it in content, size, format, etc.

T

Back