• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Ripping Blu ray to iso vs folders for archival....?

After a read error, it has let me continue creating the folder. If it is able to power through and finish with just the one read error of a few sectors -any speculation as to how much of a difference it will make in my folder/iso (assuming it completes after just one read error)?

Never mind....on to Plan B
Depends on where the errors are, you may see it jump, you may not. Also depends on what it is in. Is the iso movie only or do you have all the extras? It may be in something you don't watch.

You will miss a minute or so. DVDisaster will make an ISO that is playable but will have the said dropouts at the sections that can't be restored. If you want to burn good 50GB discs a Pioneer burner is mandatory.

FYI, AnyDVD ripper can ignore read errors, too.

So, I was able to retrieve my video but it was a painstaking process. Ultimately, I bought a video capture device from amazon and hooked it in between my Blu ray player and my PC. At this point, the player sometimes wouldn't recognize the discs (I had 2 of each of my created discs) and at others it would. When it would I would be able to capture a chapter or two at a time before it would fail. Sometimes it would fail on a chapter and at other times it would not (and I was able to capture it). After I had finally captured it all, I re-created the disc by placing the captured videos in order using PowerDirector and burned a new disc (and created a nice .iso for next time). Actually I made 2 discs - one BD-R and the other was a BD-R M-Disc.

I think I will be looking to get away from physical media....this was ridiculous.

In all, I had 60+ discs of home videos dating back to 1996, some DVD and others BD-R (25's and 50's). Out of 60, AnyDVD ripped 56 to iso without fail. As for the other 4....see the process above....

You guys were a huge help. I did buy a Pioneer burner BTW as well as some 50gb BD-R M-Discs from Japan per your suggestion @coopervid

Back