• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Ripping a Blu-ray Disc

husec

Lo,

how can i rip my blue-ray original to a normal dvd-r? Isit possible to do so with anydvd.

i just want to make sure you realize that you will use quite a few dvd-rs to do this especially if you have a bluray thats over 40GB and every DVD-R is 4GB

ok, so do i just run it through any-dvd?

1. ripper of your choice to hard drive
2. BDinfo
To find the one movie only PLAYLIST or the associated movie only M2TS file or files.
3. TSMUXER
load the one movie only playlist and remove all other audio and subtitles you don't want.
build the movie only compliant Blu-ray structure
4. Imgburn
to burn the Blu-ray structure to an ISO image

You will need a Blu-ray reader/burner to build BD-5, or BD-9 blank Blu-ray disks.
You should use DVD+R DL (8.5gb) (DVD-9)blank media. If not, then use DVD+R (4.7gb) (DVD-5)blank media and NOT the DVD-R blank media.
:agree:

Last edited by a moderator:
I think this is what the question is. How do you go from a m2ts file to a dvd-r that you can watch on a dvd player? A few more steps to be added, but I don't know what they are. I know the m2ts file ends up as a vob file.

@ Adbear

"Why not use DVD-R media"

1. In most cases burn rate on + type blank media is faster than - media assuming the brand of the blank media is the same.

2. Can't create book type settings in Imgburn with - media
And you always want to create a DVD-ROM disk whenever possible with book type settings. More compatibility with ALL TYPES of DVD players

3. In most cases dual layer burners suggest using + blank media over -blank media.

Last edited by a moderator:
The only playback issues I've ever seen with DVD-R is on Sony players that won't play back cheaper media, and I wonder why that is? Could it be to do with Sony producing +R?
I've never seen a speed difference between the two types and have found that +R's are slightly smaller then -R's

dvd-r DL = dual layer (useless format)

dvd+R DL = double layer

-R DL = more restrictive layer break position = bad = sucks
-R DL = cannot be booktyped to "Dvd-rom" (this is more than just a player/compatibility issue for me; I get paranoid about the potential for programs and players to check booktype . . . and this also applies to game backups)

Use Verbatim +R DL (preferably made in Singapore--not India) or MAM-A +R DL only. Everything else is predominately junk.

Last edited:
I was referring to single layers not dual layers

Back