• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Ripping 3D discs - what is the correct selection for a passive 3D TV? Or does it make a difference?

Lonald

I have a 4k LG 3D OLED TV and I've been trying out some 3D movies. There are several choices for 3D: MVC, left/right, right/left, top/bottom, and bottom/top.

I cannot find information on what format I should choose. I used MVC for one movie and it worked fine. But I'm not sure what is "best".

Thank you to the experts out there!

To be honest, I am suprised, that a LG OLED can play it.
I have a 2015 model, 4K/3D, passive TV as well. It's not OLED, but not sure why that would matter to begin with if it's a 3D model.

I play 3D movies all the time on it. It's "smart" so it will play movies via the built in apps (ancient at this point) or from a 3D-BD player of course. However, I use a Shield for 2D stuff and a Vero-4K+ for my 3D stuff. Works great whether it's MVC, SBS etc. The only 3D format I haven't been able to play (properly) is FSBS (3840x1080) and I don't know of any player that will play that.

Thanks, the MVC format has been working great.

4k allows for a passive 1080p 3D picture by interlacing the two images.

What is the model of your TV? I am curious.

Back