• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

ripped to hard drive

guinness0514

ok guys...kinda new at this, but I was hoping to get some help. I am running a Media Center PC. I have 2 TB of free storage and about 300+ DVDs. I ripped the DVD ok, but I was looking on how to keep the files on my PC and just run them on the storage I have. I am not sure if this is possible with this software because I have got a series of files. when I try to play them it does not run them seemlessly. Am I missing something?

Holla!

ok guys...kinda new at this, but I was hoping to get some help. I am running a Media Center PC. I have 2 TB of free storage and about 300+ DVDs. I ripped the DVD ok, but I was looking on how to keep the files on my PC and just run them on the storage I have. I am not sure if this is possible with this software because I have got a series of files. when I try to play them it does not run them seemlessly. Am I missing something?

I'm a bit confused with your post. You say you want to keep the files on your HDD but you say you have a "series of files" on your HDD that don't play back seamlessly. Maybe I'm just missing your point?

oh sorry, Let me start over. I have several DVD's and plenty of storage on my PC. My goal is to archive all of my DVD's on my hard drive and run them through Vista MC. I tested one movie and opened the Video_TS folder. Of course there was a series of VOB files. I guess my question would be, what is the best way to take these "ripped" VOB files and play them on Media Center. I heard of a "My Movies" program that would interface with Media Center. Do you have any recommendations? I am all ears!

Thanks for the replies!

This is exactly what I am trying to accomplish. I ripped a DVD and using AnyDVD and I like that it is kept in the original format but I can't figure out how to access the movie through Vista Media Center. Did you figure this out?

Back