1. RedFox is offering a Xmas discount of 20% on all products (except upgrades/renewals), valid until December 18, 2022. If you are entertaining the thought of purchasing one of our products then now is the right time to act!
    Dismiss Notice

ripped to hard drive

Discussion in 'AnyDVD HD (DVD issues)' started by guinness0514, Feb 20, 2007.

1. guinness0514

guinness0514 New Member

ok guys...kinda new at this, but I was hoping to get some help. I am running a Media Center PC. I have 2 TB of free storage and about 300+ DVDs. I ripped the DVD ok, but I was looking on how to keep the files on my PC and just run them on the storage I have. I am not sure if this is possible with this software because I have got a series of files. when I try to play them it does not run them seemlessly. Am I missing something?

Holla!

2. oldjoe

oldjoe Well-Known Member

I'm a bit confused with your post. You say you want to keep the files on your HDD but you say you have a "series of files" on your HDD that don't play back seamlessly. Maybe I'm just missing your point?

3. guinness0514

guinness0514 New Member

oh sorry, Let me start over. I have several DVD's and plenty of storage on my PC. My goal is to archive all of my DVD's on my hard drive and run them through Vista MC. I tested one movie and opened the Video_TS folder. Of course there was a series of VOB files. I guess my question would be, what is the best way to take these "ripped" VOB files and play them on Media Center. I heard of a "My Movies" program that would interface with Media Center. Do you have any recommendations? I am all ears!

Thanks for the replies!

4. Payback

Payback New Member

This is exactly what I am trying to accomplish. I ripped a DVD and using AnyDVD and I like that it is kept in the original format but I can't figure out how to access the movie through Vista Media Center. Did you figure this out?

5. Webslinger

Webslinger Retired Moderator