• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

ripped Silver Surfer Blu-ray

I also try to rip it, but it doesn't work. How do you do this? Do you use ANYDVD ripper? everytime I try it says drive is not ready.....Please help

Can't anybody help me?!

By the while this Thread is a little bit off topic.......:agree:;):agree:

it appears that the region B of FFROSS has different MKB 4 keys than the us version and they have yet to be cracked as it were, im sure it wont be long before slysoft deals with this one

Last edited:
Newbie Question - View Contents of Blu-ray Disc

There is the BDMV, Certificate, BDSVM, and AACS folders and then a zip file and an xml file. You don't see them?

BTW, works great for me too. I've only tried Silver Surfer so far, but it was from an iso ripped from PS3. Works great.

Pardon the newbie question :eek: , but how do I view the contents of the Blu-ray disc to get to the files I need to copy over? I cannot simply double click to open - I get a message that Windows does not recognize the disc. Is there software I need to install?

you need a blu-ray drive to recognise the discs then go to my computer and right click on the optical drive that the blu-ray disc is in the click explore and it should open the disc to show the contents

Pardon the newbie question :eek: , but how do I view the contents of the Blu-ray disc to get to the files I need to copy over? I cannot simply double click to open - I get a message that Windows does not recognize the disc. Is there software I need to install?

I had this same problem EVEN with anydvd installed (running XP). The solution was to troll (use Google) for the UDF 2.5 drivers for the 360 HDDVD drive (toshiba I believe)

after I installed that (and may require a reboot) I was able to explore the blurays

Hey, has anyone tried playing it back with that demo of the Arcsoft software yet? I'm rather curious now as to whether it'd work or not or whether this really is a PowerDVD bug.

DT2 plays the titles from disk fine. Maybe it is not a fault of the players but maybe this first batch of BD+ code is flacky

F

DT2 plays the titles from disk fine. Maybe it is not a fault of the players but maybe this first batch of BD+ code is flacky

F

Thanks for letting me know. Peer had made an educated guess that the current iteration of BD+ may not have been implemented quite correctly. I think he's probably right given that both software players have the same "issue". I suspect it'll get fixed, however.

I created an iso image of FF4_ROSS (US version) on my PC using imgburn and then transferred the iso over to my HTPC where I have AnyDVD HD 6.1.9.3 installed. I mounted the image using Daemon tools and then ripped the files to my hard drive using AnyDVD HD Ripper. This only copied over the BDMV folder so I turned off AnyDVD and copied over the remaining folders and files (all except the AACS folder). I have tried to play back the files in PowerDVD 3104a and 3319 but the playback is choppy and freezes up.

I do get a prompt to upgrade the firmware in my drive, which is odd because it's a virtual drive. Once I click on that to continue it takes me to the main menu. If I don't copy over the extra files and folders, I get the white dot that rotates in a circle and it never gets past that screen. Pressing the chapter skip button results in a "!Prohibited" message being displayed on the screen.

I used a similar process with the Transformers HD-DVD and had no problems. I don't have enough room in my HTPC for the Pioneer BD reader, which is why I create the iso on my main PC and then copy it over to the HTPC for ripping.

I didn't see where the OP indicated what version of AnyDVD HD or PowerDVD he used. This would be extremely helpful info for the rest of us when posting.

I created an iso image of FF4_ROSS (US version) on my PC using imgburn and then transferred the iso over to my HTPC where I have AnyDVD HD 6.1.9.3 installed....
Please use newest AnyDVD beta for HD related stuff...

Thanks for the tip. I tried 6.1.9.5 and it worked perfectly. I had an iso of Mr. Brooks (BD) and it ripped it as well. I also tried it on Spiderman 3 (BD) and I Now Pronounce you Chuck and Larry (HD-DVD) with great success. Thanks for an outstanding product! They all played back fine using PowerDVD 3104a.

I'm quite late to this party but I just wanted to share my first ripped Blu-ray experience. I installed Ubuntu on my PS3, plugged in an external NTFS formatted drive, ripped Rise of the Silver Surfer to an ISO image, and then mounted the image on my HTPC using Daemon Tools. I'm still using PDVD 3104 and AnyDVD HD 6.1.9.6. The mounted image plays perfectly. I didn't even have to rip it again. Way to go Slysoft. :)

Back