• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

ripped Silver Surfer Blu-ray

There is the BDMV, Certificate, BDSVM, and AACS folders and then a zip file and an xml file. You don't see them?

BTW, works great for me too. I've only tried Silver Surfer so far, but it was from an iso ripped from PS3. Works great.

Wow, That's wierd I have
BDMV (Folder)
Certificate (Folder)
SLY! (Folder)
SLYVM (Folder)
070724576 (Zip)
FilmIndex (Xml)

SS1.jpg

That's it....

Joeli

Disable AnyDVD. SLYVM becomes BDSVM. Then copy that over.

Wow, That's wierd I have
BDMV (Folder)
Certificate (Folder)
SLY! (Folder)
SLYVM (Folder)
070724576 (Zip)
FilmIndex (Xml)

SS1.jpg

That's it....

Joeli
turn off anydvd when you copy the extra folders. Then you will see that the SLYVM folder is really the BDSVM.
I copied over the Certificate, BDSVM, the zip and the xml file. I wasn't sure if the Certificate folder is needed, but I knew I probably wanted everything except I definately did NOT want the AACS folder. ;)

So everytime you rip a Bluray that has BD+ you need to copy the BDSVM folder with it or else the movie can't play?

Is PowerDVD the only software program to use or can I use WinDVD also? :)

So everytime you rip a Bluray that has BD+ you need to copy the BDSVM folder with it or else the movie can't play?

Is PowerDVD the only software program to use or can I use WinDVD also? :)
After I ripped it I tried to play it. It played, but when it got to the movie it was extremely choppy and within 30seconds powerdvd and my pc pretty much froze up.

Just close anydvd and then copy any folder or file that is in the root of the disc and that is missing from your backup folder.

BTW, Day After Tomorrow isn't working for me - can't rip it. But I'm using the iso file from my ps3.

I'm ripping Reign Over Me at the moment.

After I ripped it I tried to play it. It played, but when it got to the movie it was extremely choppy and within 30seconds powerdvd and my pc pretty much froze up.

Just close anydvd and then copy any folder or file that is in the root of the disc and that is missing from your backup folder.

BTW, Day After Tomorrow isn't working for me - can't rip it. But I'm using the iso file from my ps3.

I'm ripping Reign Over Me at the moment.

So if I understand you correct the BDSVM folder MUST be among the movie files so that you don't get "extremely choppy" "and within 30seconds powerdvd and my pc pretty much froze up." as you mentioned, so that's the whole point with the BD+ protection you are forced to have a folder or you can't play the movie orderly? :(

So if I understand you correct the BDSVM folder MUST be among the movie files so that you don't get "extremely choppy" "and within 30seconds powerdvd and my pc pretty much froze up." as you mentioned, so that's the whole point with the BD+ protection you are forced to have a folder or you can't play the movie orderly? :(
Yeah, something like that.

Some people have said that it is a bug in powerdvd. I don't think any other program will play the ripped movie, and if burned to a bd-r it won't play in a standalone.

Yeah, something like that.

Some people have said that it is a bug in powerdvd. I don't think any other program will play the ripped movie, and if burned to a bd-r it won't play in a standalone.

okey...does SlySoft have any solution to this folder problem? :(

okey...does SlySoft have any solution to this folder problem? :(

AFAIK SlySoft does NOT officially support BD+ titles - yet. Don't quote me on this, I am using the info which is available as of 10/31/2007.

What is described in this thread is a hack to get your BD+ titles backed up and played using the latest AnyDVD and PDVD player.

i keep getting error processing blu-ray disc it is BD+ how do you guys get it ripped to your HDD the anydvd ripper just says drive f is not ready :confused:
ive posted the log any help please

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_F_FANTASTIC4_2.zip
    18.3 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Hey, has anyone tried playing it back with that demo of the Arcsoft software yet? I'm rather curious now as to whether it'd work or not or whether this really is a PowerDVD bug.

Ah ok now I think I understand a little bit what is going on. You can rip everything ok that means you rip of the AACS protection but if you have to copy the BDSVM folder too(manually) to play it back means that the decrypted stuff is AACS free but it still needs to execute the BD+ bevor you can play it back. So BD+ is not really a protection it is just something you have "take with" you all the time(great invention Sony :clap:). Perhaps that is what james meant.....security by obscurity. If I remember correctly I saw a rough picutre how BD+ works on AVS forum there they say the decrypted AACS content is on a BD+ disc not viewable after it has passed the BD+ engine it is viewable so you just have to take it with you (at the moment until Slysoft can finde a way around that.)

BDSVM folder is for bd+ program file that run in VM. So powerdvd is run bd+ off hard disk to play movie. Do not forget that code may find aacs hacked to stop playback! It can not hurt you though so do not be afraid. No rootkit behavior allowed. :)

Hey, has anyone tried playing it back with that demo of the Arcsoft software yet? I'm rather curious now as to whether it'd work or not or whether this really is a PowerDVD bug.

i have the latest build of arcsoft but only just ordered the BD. will let you know when it arrived (depending how US to EU shipping takes, i assume next week) ;)

F

i have the latest build of arcsoft but only just ordered the BD. will let you know when it arrived ;)

F

Yes please. I'm very curious about this one. My new HTPC, as you read in the other thread, will be here tomorrow and I plan on playing around with this stuff a lot more. Now the arcsoft stuff is of greater interest to me as I'll have a machine that can use it.

Yes please. I'm very curious about this one. My new HTPC, as you read in the other thread, will be here tomorrow and I plan on playing around with this stuff a lot more. Now the arcsoft stuff is of greater interest to me as I'll have a machine that can use it.

I'm using DT2 for all my playback that doesn't need external subtitles.

F

There's an english demo out already? Or is that the full version? I'm not willing to buy it until I can try it out. Getting burned by the PowerDVD Ultra experience rather sucked.

Back