• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

ripped Silver Surfer Blu-ray

Cyberlink!

Hrm.... If this is true I don't think it means BD+ is broken - just that there is a bug in the Cyberlink player that BD+ security code on those titles isn't aware of. My understanding is that future BD+ titles would then be able to check for this vulnerability and refuse to play except on an updated player.

This looks like the start of the hack/repair/hack/repair cycle that will inevitably play itself out. Perhaps there may be a few easy/obvious ways to circumvent BD+ at first, but my concern is that BD+ will actually get stronger over time (unless, of course, Slysoft comes up with a true perma-break of BD+ !!).

I'd be surprised if Cyberlink isn't skewered for their mistake.... :doh:

I just said I would not try to backup these movies because BD+ can(!) make your drive useless(I never say it has to). And I answered the question and proofed that me thoughts aren'T paranoid.I trust Slysoft they know what they do and there will be a reason why they didn't say ok guys BD+ is cracked.
And yes in the article Peer has no proof. If I follow you the only proof would be a useless drive. But if this would happen everybody would post:help me my 500$ BD drive doen't work anymore and then you have a really serious problem. Because this would be very hard for Slysoft to fix. And don't think James would be very pleased to help you to be able again to backup your BD movies. I can imagine his answer if anybody post this: That is not Slysoft's problem, contact Sony and tell them you can not backup a BD with your drive using ANYDVD!:D:D:D
I think trying to backup BD+ movies with AnyDVD is at your own risk it is the same if you use a closed beta of Slysoft. Do it if you want but do not expect to help you afterwards with that.

I have been able to rip it silver surfer too
but the result is not playable with power dvd
a lot of freeze ... impossible to watch the movie in correct condition

So Fantastic Four - Rise Of The Silver Surfer Bluray is now finally rippable ? :)

20th Century Fox wanted BD+ on it before releasing it so...

@ DonCarlos
No one said it was cracked, but like you yourself said there is no proof just speculation that it could break your drive. So stop perpetuating an unsubstantiated internet myth and scraring people. I've already been playing them from my hard drive and have tried burning them back to a disc to test if it would play in my PS3 and my players still work fine

@ano102
did you then manually copy over the zip file the xml file and the BDSVM folder? you need these to make it play back properly in Powerdvd

Last edited:
No one said it was cracked, but like you yourself said there is no proof just speculation that it could break your drive. So stop perpetuating an unsubstantiated internet myth and scraring people. I've already been playing them from my hard drive and have tried burning them back to a disc to test if it would play in my PS3 and my players still work fine

@ano102
did you then manually copy over the zip file the xml file and the BDSVM folder? you need these to make it play back properly in Powerdvd

"So stop perpetuating an unsubstantiated internet myth and scraring people."

If you referd to me I don't understand you at all...:confused:

I was just curious because this thread discussion...:mad:

Ah ok now I think I understand a little bit what is going on. You can rip everything ok that means you rip of the AACS protection but if you have to copy the BDSVM folder too(manually) to play it back means that the decrypted stuff is AACS free but it still needs to execute the BD+ bevor you can play it back. So BD+ is not really a protection it is just something you have "take with" you all the time(great invention Sony :clap:). Perhaps that is what james meant.....security by obscurity. If I remember correctly I saw a rough picutre how BD+ works on AVS forum there they say the decrypted AACS content is on a BD+ disc not viewable after it has passed the BD+ engine it is viewable so you just have to take it with you (at the moment until Slysoft can finde a way around that.)

@ano102

I dont understand, with 6193 I was able to enter to menu of silver surfer
I have problem only a the begin of the movie
with 6194 I can do anythink, with or without the two files you talk about :confused:

you don't leave anydvd running whilst trying to play it back from the harddrive, it definately works as I'm not the only person to have tried this and have it working. Without the extra files and folders you should get a message playing in Powerdvd about having to update your player and to check the Fox website. It will allow you to play everything, but when the film starts it plays back jerky and corrupted.
With the extra folder and files copied across it plays without the message and the film plays back smoothly. I also did the same with 'From Hell' and it plays from the harddrive fine as well

so as i understand it anydvd still is unable to rip fantastic 4 ross but if you transfer all files from the disc to your hard drive it will play :confused: i thought reading in the forum it had been beaten

You use AnydvdHD to rip it to your hardrive so it removes the AACS encryption and then pull over the missing BDSVM folder and any other files except the AACS folder

You use AnydvdHD to rip it to your hardrive so it removes the AACS encryption and then pull over the missing BDSVM folder and any other files except the AACS folder

Ok I give.... Where is the BDSVM folder????
I assume it should be on the BluRay disk.... Can't see it

Thanks
Joeli

Ok I give.... Where is the BDSVM folder????
I assume it should be on the BluRay disk.... Can't see it

Thanks
Joeli
There is the BDMV, Certificate, BDSVM, and AACS folders and then a zip file and an xml file. You don't see them?

BTW, works great for me too. I've only tried Silver Surfer so far, but it was from an iso ripped from PS3. Works great.

anydvd hd wont do it i have the latest version the film is R2 dont know if that makes any difference the status window says Media is a Blu-Ray disc.
Total size: 24438784 sectors (47732 MBytes)
Video Blu-Ray label: FANTASTIC4_2
Media is AACS protected!
Media is BD+ protected!
Send Host Key failed (signature not accepted?)!
ERROR processing Blu-Ray disc!

Back