• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Ripped HD DVD Movie, How do play it on my computer?

Can't get any simpler than drag n drop. Does this always choose Dolby Digital over DTS though. Often DTS is the second sound choice.

It chooses the first audio track in the file no matter what it is

Well, Showtime finally plays HD with a 512mb card and 128mb on-board chip with access to another 320mb shared video memory... finally. With a 2.6 x2 I'm only using 60% cpu when watching HD so there's plenty for all now!

However, I can't access menu features from Showtime whether from the menu card or while the movie is playing - is this unique to Showtime (being crappy) or will PowerDVD allow this function?

Thanks.

are you playing the whole disc or just the evo file? If just the file then you'll never get the menu options. You have to have the whole disc structure and play it from the folder to get menus

Both the disc and a rip from folder - same thing with both.

In showtime I just tell it to play from folder, and point it at the folder that contains the adv_obj and HVDVD_ts folders and it plays for me. Remember some films don't have a menu at the start, they just go straight into the film and you then call up the popup menu

For some reason the premovie menu and the pop-up menu options are greyed out except for the movie (on King Kong) and on other movies I can't even get a menu to appear.

I'm playing both from folder like you and from HD player.

Weird.

a lot of hd-dvd's don't have a premovie menu, they play the trailers, warnings etc then go straight into the film and you use the popup menu inside the film

Back