• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Ripped Fine but wont burn with CLONEDVD

FrankC

Everything has been working fine until I tried the following movies: "Gridiron Gang" and "The Descent". They both rip fine using ANYDVD and DVD SHRINK. When I try to burn as usual with CLONE DVD, I click the WRITE button which is highlighted and it visually "clicks', but nothing happens. I have tried re-ripping and tried it on my laptop and my PC... No difference.

why dont you just do the whole thing with clonedvd2?

Yes,:agree: enable AnyDVD, then rip with CloneDVD. If you want to get shrink involved, rip with CloneDVD to hd using the DVD9 setting, then compress with Shrink for a final file.

Yes,:agree: enable AnyDVD, then rip with CloneDVD. If you want to get shrink involved, rip with CloneDVD to hd using the DVD9 setting, then compress with Shrink for a final file.

I have the old version of Clone, not Clone2, and I am not familiar with DVD9. Is that part of CLONE2? I have never ripped without first using Shrink. So do I need to get CloneDVD2 and just bypass using shrink, or will I still need to shrink the file once it is ripped? (Please reply in layman's terms... I am old.http://forum.slysoft.com/images/smilies/confused.gif
:confused:

I have the old version of Clone, not Clone2, and I am not familiar with DVD9. Is that part of CLONE2? I have never ripped without first using Shrink. So do I need to get CloneDVD2 and just bypass using shrink, or will I still need to shrink the file once it is ripped? (Please reply in layman's terms... I am old.http://forum.slysoft.com/images/smilies/confused.gif
:confused:
Just download CloneDVD2, try it, use it, love it. Update is free.

@FrankC
Do as James has suggested. Free update, means you can't go wrong.
AnyDVD coupled with CloneDVD2 is an awsome setup.
Clone's transcoder does a nice job, and if you want to use other "compressing" software, like Shrink, DVDRB, etc. you still have that option, by ripping to your hard drive with AnyDVD & CloneDVD2 first, to DVD9 (no compression), and compressing with the program of your choice.

... rip with CloneDVD to hd using the DVD9 setting
DVD9 is a DL DVD.
Ok ... not just you guys ... but everyone offering advice has to all got to stop saying the "DVD9 Feature" to newbies... it confuses the hell out of them when they can't find any such setting. :confused: Webslinger and Alan say it too and even james has said it.

It is called the "DVD+/- R DL Setting" ie there is no setting called "DVD9". Two demerits for all of you. :doh: :D

Whisperer

Ok ... not just you guys ... but everyone offering advice has to all got to stop saying the "DVD9 Feature" to newbies... it confuses the hell out of them when they can't find any such setting. :confused: Webslinger and Alan say it too and even james has said it.

It is called the "DVD+/- R DL Setting" ie there is no setting called "DVD9". Two demerits for all of you. :doh: :D

Whisperer

Dang it....now I'm down 2 posts. LOL
You're right Whisperer, it's just old habits are hard to break.
Am I thinking clearly, or did it used to say DVD9, before support for + and - were added?
You are right......this could be confusing. :agree:

Back