• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Ripped Bluray Plays on PS3

Small but incomplete guide to get AVC (yes AVC) and MPEG-2 bluray movies to play on PS3. YOU DO NOT HAVE TO SPLIT UP FILES

1. Dump movie in linux to either the ps3 or to an external hard disk drive(EXT3 Formatted) note:if you use external hd, you also need to install ext3 filesystem on your windows machine before it will read Ext3
2. Transfer over to computer(Hard drive or samba)
3. Mount disk image with daemons tools or nero image drive
4. Right click Any DVD and rip blu ray to hard drive
5.(OPTIONAL) Use TSremux.exe (found at www.doom9.org and is very straight forward) to get rid of unwanted audio and\or subtitles on main movie(biggest .m2ts file in the STREAM folder
6. Install a file server on pc of decrypted Blu ray(Red Kawas File Server works good)
7.Boot to PS3 xmb and use the internet explorer to "download" movie to PS3's hard drive.
8. Works on everything but vc-1

Good luck

Small but incomplete guide to get AVC (yes AVC) and MPEG-2 bluray movies to play on PS3. YOU DO NOT HAVE TO SPLIT UP FILES

1. Dump movie in linux to either the ps3 or to an external hard disk drive(EXT3 Formatted) note:if you use external hd, you also need to install ext3 filesystem on your windows machine before it will read Ext3
2. Transfer over to computer(Hard drive or samba)
3. Mount disk image with daemons tools or nero image drive
4. Right click Any DVD and rip blu ray to hard drive
5.(OPTIONAL) Use TSremux.exe (found at www.doom9.org and is very straight forward) to get rid of unwanted audio and\or subtitles on main movie(biggest .m2ts file in the STREAM folder
6. Install a file server on pc of decrypted Blu ray(Red Kawas File Server works good)
7.Boot to PS3 xmb and use the internet explorer to "download" movie to PS3's hard drive.
8. Works on everything but vc-1

Good luck

Good luck indeed, assuming you have the space on your PS3 to download the movie. I've noticed that and I was thinking about re-doing my PS3's hard drive to load Linux in the 10GB partition space to have more space for the PS3 downloads. But again, it's a lot effort everytime you want to view a Blu-ray movie. It's the age old choice between "a lot of time vs. too little money" to buying the real movie.

I'll re-evaluate after I upgrade my audio for Blu-ray movies, but I have found some great Blu-ray movie deals where my cost for a movie is down to under $17. I found one deal where I got a Blu-ray movie for under $9. I'm on a roll now.

Good luck

which bios version is this? it doesn't seem to work with 1.51 (only mpeg2) and do you get ac3 or just dd?

thanks

Forget the BD disk

I've you've ripped a BD movie to your PC hard disk, there are other ways to get it to your PS3 besided burning it on an expensive BD disk just to watch it once or twice. There's wireless networking (probably a little slow for that), and there's USB devices (they just came out with a 160GB external usb hard disk for PS3).

Has anyone seen a thread on how to use AnyDVD to backup PS3 games?

The USB devices don't support files larger than 4GB as it uses FAT32 and it's not possible to play back ripped games on a PS3 yet. Also just use re-writables if you want to burn to discs

Can BD-RE still playback on the PS3 I have the latest 192 or 193 firmware in and it will not recognise the disc.

BDMV was recognised yesterday in PS3 with the same disc but I read the ISO and Wrote the ISO with ImgBurn (yeah I knew it would not play just wanted to see if it recognised the disc) it did.

Today I ripped it with AnyHDVD and burnt it with ImgBurn and it does not even get recognised in PS3 but it plays fine in cyberlink player that came with pioneer blu ray writer.

Mine still works fine. I'm on 1.93 and my BD-re's are working. Did you remember to set the udf to 2.5?

It seems some burned blu-ray movies dont work on the ps3 still.
Premonition is one of them, there were 2 others i encountered but i dont remember the names.

It recognises the disc and a movie and starts to play it (you see the play symbol appear in bottom left of screen) but the screen is just black.
Trying to view the menu or skip to chapters does not work.

I was unable to test with the original movie so i dont know if its just these movies dont play on ps3, or a backup issue.

did you remember to burn the certificate folder as well? my back up of the US version of Premonition plays fine in my PS3

Nope i only burned the BDMV but thats all i burn on all my backups and never had a problem.

Isnt certificate part of aacs that isnt needed for unencrypted movies?

Nope i only burned the BDMV but thats all i burn on all my backups and never had a problem.

Isnt certificate part of aacs that isnt needed for unencrypted movies?

Nope the certificate folder is nothing to do with the AACS, on some films (Pirates of the Caribbean for example) if you don't put on the certificate folder they don't work, I think the certificate folder is something to do with BD-J.

Back