• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Ripped Bluray Plays on PS3

re-written games?

Does this mean i can burn (re-write) my friend's ps3 games and they will work on my ps3 (v1.60)?
That would rule!

So you didn't bother reading the actual thread, then? Nice going. :doh:

FYI, i did read all of it. But thats not the point here.
Back to the original question:

Does this mean i can burn bluray games and make them work on my ps3 (v1.60)?

Do the ripped (and burned) backups of HD-DVD and Blu-Ray movies still contain AACS encryption, and require HDCP hardware... or does AnyDVD HD sift that crap out during the ripping?

Hello everybody, I want to start out by saying that I have been using Anydvd and now Anydvd HD for a long time now and they are the best of there kind. Now yesterday I made a complete rip to my harddrive of Talladega Nights ( Blu-Ray ). I then burned it as a Blu-Ray Data Disc , on a BD-RE with Nero. With the latest firmware 1.60 on the PS3 installed the PS3 reads the disc as a Blu-ray Data disc and lets you open all the folders, BDMV, etc, when you get to the stream folder , the largest file is the movie , click on that and it will play just fine in all its HD glory. There are no menus or chapters just the movie. I just thought some of you might want to know this and try it yourself.8)

Ok I am a newbie so do not beat up on me please:)
How did you rip the movie exactly. What was the hardware used. Thanks:)

Also is ther a way of connecting the Ps3 on a home network or directly to a Pc to use the Ps3 as a blue ray disc reader and then burn the images to my pc hard drive using any dvd. Some have suggested this but I can not find any links on how to do this specefically Any help appreciated

Last edited:
I'd lose your email address otherwise Sony will be a callin'

Why don't you simply do a google search for "Ripping Blu-ray on PS3", duh...

Why don't you simply do a google search for "Ripping Blu-ray on PS3", duh...

Okay... did the google thing. Still haven't a clue how to rip to my external HD with linux and actually play back the thing on the PS3... and won't the Fat32 4GB limitation affect playback?

Step by step for all us slow learners please.

Okay... did the google thing. Still haven't a clue how to rip to my external HD with linux and actually play back the thing on the PS3... and won't the Fat32 4GB limitation affect playback?

YES
it is almost NOT worth doing unless you want to prove you can.
Even after you get the files over to the PC, you'll need to:
MOUNT THE IMAGE VIA NERO (latest)
RIGHT CLICK ON ANYDVD HD AND RIP FILES TO HD
ELECARD XMUXER TO PICK THE DD5.1 AUDIO AND REMUX W/ VIDEO
HDTV2MPEG TO SPLIT TO 4GB FILES
VLC PLAYER EACH PIECE TO ENCAPSULATE TO "PS" (Program stream)

Not only is there a 4GB FAT32 limitation, the PS3 will only play the sound back as DD 2.0.

Oh and this will ONLY work with MPEG2 encoded movies, not VC-1 or AVC

best to wait when burners and blanks are cheaper

Darn - that Planet Earth deal at Amazon is looking awful tempting.

And the reason why Lawrence of Arabia (and all other Columbia / TriStar / MGM titles ) will NEVER be released on HD-DVD is cos Sony OWN them!

Blu - Ray will win the format war cos of this reason alone.

Unless dual players become a standard.

I did a google search and found numerous links. You have to look through the links that offer you the solution with the PS3 and Linux.

I wasn't trying to insult anyone in my last post, many people want to be told how to do when this information has been posted on other forums for the PS3. This forum will not yield that kind of information, but the PS3 sites will.

Here is a good PS3 site with the information you seek:
http://ps3.ps3news.com/ Look for the direct PS3 Blu-ray Guuide.

There you will find your Step-by-step instructions:

PS3NEWS.COM PS3 BLU-RAY DISC IMAGiNG iNSTRUCTiONS
Upgrading your PS3 to v1.10 Firmware
Installing Linux FC5 & AddOn to the PS3
Dumping PS3 iSO Images via Linux on the PS3
Transferring your PS3 iSO Images to your WinXP PC

Please be aware, even after completing all of this, without a Blu-ray burner you will have new issues to work through.

Enjoy

I'm just gonna rent um from Netflix and send um back!

What we need is a Movie Rhapsody where for $20 a month you can download to your PS3 or Xbox any number of HD movies and just watch um. Then you have access to millions of movies at your fingertips - which is all anyone really wants, right?

Back