• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Ripped Bluray Plays on PS3

bluhd22

Hello everybody, I want to start out by saying that I have been using Anydvd and now Anydvd HD for a long time now and they are the best of there kind. Now yesterday I made a complete rip to my harddrive of Talladega Nights ( Blu-Ray ). I then burned it as a Blu-Ray Data Disc , on a BD-RE with Nero. With the latest firmware 1.60 on the PS3 installed the PS3 reads the disc as a Blu-ray Data disc and lets you open all the folders, BDMV, etc, when you get to the stream folder , the largest file is the movie , click on that and it will play just fine in all its HD glory. There are no menus or chapters just the movie. I just thought some of you might want to know this and try it yourself.8)

Very interesting to hear, so do you need this supposed nero plugin to burn the blu ray data disc, or is it part of the free update for nero 7 enhanced? I am assuming that the plugin isn't needed since it is simply burning a data disc.

I burned a back-up with Roxio DVDit Pro HD on a BD-RE disc. Inserted the disc into v1.60 PS3 which sees the disc as a proper Blu-ray, and plays it perfectly, menus and everything.

that's all to expensive! there have to be a way to rip the bd-movie on a PS3 Harddisk! :-(
but it's good to hear that a ripped blu-ray movie is running on a ps3 v1.60. But not v1.50 or?

BD-RE support was added in OS v1.60. So no, BD-REs won't work on 1.5x.

DVDit Pro HD is a very expensive program ($500), but it is still encouraging to know that it is working and that an actual backed up disc copy works.

Another question involving backing up and playing movies using the data disc method-can you write to a 50gb rewritable disc with Nero?

I have seen a few on the net for around $80-$100, so unless a come across a cheaper one I think I'll wait awhile. The best case scenario for me, and I am sure many others is to stream the content to a media extender, but at the moment there are no media players out there that can handle the high bit rate, at least to my knowledge, and I have looked hard. I am hoping the Dlink DSM-750 will be able to do the job. Then I can simply rip it to the hard drive and stream it.

I recently purchased a Panasonic LMBE50DE 50GB Blu-ray RE Disc from Amazon for $ 49.13. I know its still alot of money but I wanted to experiment, and yes Nero will burn to it .

Ahh... I was looking for them in Japanese stores and couldn't find any, so I thought they weren't available yet. Good to know they're out there, though expensive as all hell.

Hi,

sorry for a rookie question :bowdown: ...

is there any chance to use the BD-Drive in the PS3 with my notebook - e.g. over WLAN or LAN - to rip a BD with AnyDVDHD? Or is a separate BD-Drive for my PC a "must have" for this work ?

I burned a back-up with Roxio DVDit Pro HD on a BD-RE disc. Inserted the disc into v1.60 PS3 which sees the disc as a proper Blu-ray, and plays it perfectly, menus and everything.

I also have DVDit PROHD and I'm trying to burn a blu-ray bd-re and play it back on my PS3 with 1.60 update.
The PS3 won't read my disc.
I'm trying to burn a video that I made in Final Cut Pro HD. This was shot in HDV and transferred as a Quicktime file to DVDit ProHD and then burned on a Sony blu-ray BD-RE.
What could I be doing wrong.

^^ Did you try to play the files on HDD or BD-RE with PowerDVD first to verify that that the content is actually Blu-ray compliant?

^^ Did you try to play the files on HDD or BD-RE with PowerDVD first to verify that that the content is actually Blu-ray compliant?
No, but I played it on a $1500 Pioneer blu-ray player and it played with no problem.
I'm not sure why it would not be complient. I'm using DVDit pro HD software, using the Panasonic SW-5582 Blu-ray burner, and I'm burning it to a sony Blu-ray BD-RE. Unless the DVDit Pro HD software does not burn a Blu-ray complient disc, I'm at a loss.
The PS3 also does not play DVD-R Discs.

Your PS3 should certainly be capable of playing DVD-R discs. If not, then something is wrong with your player.

No, but I played it on a $1500 Pioneer blu-ray player and it played with no problem.
I'm not sure why it would not be complient. I'm using DVDit pro HD software, using the Panasonic SW-5582 Blu-ray burner, and I'm burning it to a sony Blu-ray BD-RE. Unless the DVDit Pro HD software does not burn a Blu-ray complient disc, I'm at a loss.
The PS3 also does not play DVD-R Discs.
The BD-RE works on a Pioneer, but not on the PS3? Definitely something's up with your PS3, then. Have you upgraded to v1.60?

Back