• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Ripit4me

James

Redfox Development Team
Staff member
Very important note for users of RipIt4me:

When AnyDVD is running, RipIt4me asks you, if it should close down AnyDVD.
DO NOT LET IT DO THAT!!!!!
THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT!!!

RipIt4me terminates the AnyDVD process, but the AnyDVD driver continues to run, because AnyDVD was not shut down properly (the tray icon will hang around until you move the mouse pointer over it). The driver never received the "shut down" command. When the AnyDVD process is killed in this way, UNPREDICTABLE RESULTS WILL OCCUR!!!

Again:
DONT LET RIPIT4ME TERMINATE THE ANYDVD PROCESS!
Either disable AnyDVD manually or exit it, before starting RipIt4me.

Very important note for users of RipIt4me:

When AnyDVD is running, RipIt4me asks you, if it should close down AnyDVD.
DO NOT LET IT DO THAT!!!!!
THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT!!!

RipIt4me terminates the AnyDVD process, but the AnyDVD driver continues to run, because AnyDVD was not shut down properly (the tray icon will hang around until you move the mouse pointer over it). The driver never received the "shut down" command. When the AnyDVD process is killed in this way, UNPREDICTABLE RESULTS WILL OCCUR!!!

Again:
DONT LET RIPIT4ME TERMINATE THE ANYDVD PROCESS!
Either disable AnyDVD manually or exit it, before starting RipIt4me.

Very very true - It also has a tendency to cause you to uninstall and then reinstall AnyDVD - Or at least that was what corrected that FUBAR condition when I did exactly what you warn against..

@ James (SlySoft Team Member),

Perchance does SlySoft plan to alter the inward workings of the AnyDVD software program to prevent the RipIt4me from incorrectly shutting down the AnyDVD software program?

Why does the RipIt4me software program want to shut down the AnyDVD software program? Does the unknown developer of the RipIt4me software program believe that there is some adverse effect caused by having the AnyDVD software program active at the same time the RipIt4me software program is active?

Is there a way the AnyDVD software program can detect when the RipIt4me software program becomes active and display a warning notice to the user not to let the RipIt4me software program shut down the AnyDVD software program incorrectly.

I can only envision the RipIt4me shut down AnyDVD display request causing SlySoft unnecessary headaches problems if not handled properly.

Regards,
Coaster

@ James (SlySoft Team Member),

Perchance does SlySoft plan to alter the inward workings of the AnyDVD software program to prevent the RipIt4me from incorrectly shutting down the AnyDVD software program?
No. Ripit4me can use the AnyTool utility to disable AnyDVD programmatically.

Why does the RipIt4me software program want to shut down the AnyDVD software program? Does the unknown developer of the RipIt4me software program believe that there is some adverse effect caused by having the AnyDVD software program active at the same time the RipIt4me software program is active?
Disabling AnyDVD (or at least the "copy protection based on unreadable sectors" option) is recommended if you want to use another structural protection remover. So disabling AnyDVD is good in this situation, only the method used has flaws, as it doesn't have the desired effect.
A message box "please disable AnyDVD, thank you" would probably the best method.

Is there a way the AnyDVD software program can detect when the RipIt4me software program becomes active and display a warning notice to the user not to let the RipIt4me software program shut down the AnyDVD software program incorrectly.
I don't believe this would be wise.

Thanks for the post James i just downloaded it glade i found this.

To those of you concerned, an update has been released for RipIt4Me.

Version 1.7.1.0 BETA (9 March, 2007)

RipIt4Me now terminates AnyDVD "the right way" (by sending a WM_CLOSE message to its main window in the tray, instead of killing the process).
I have tested it and it no longer leaves AnyDVD in the tray any more. But a more thorough check can be done by those more knowledgeable. You may download the BETA here.

To those of you concerned, an update has been released for RipIt4Me.

I have tested it and it no longer leaves AnyDVD in the tray any more. But a more thorough check can be done by those more knowledgeable. You may download the BETA here.
Same for me. I installed the Beta version and it does remove the fox head.

Back