• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Rip video DVD to harddisk vs. Copying in windows explorer

dhlogic

Using the same DVD, copying the disc to my HD produces two different results. Right clicking on the system tray icon and using the Rip video DVD to harddisk resulted in a total size roughly 400MB smaller and several fewer files. After copying the disc in windows explorer the directory was exactly the same size and number of files as the DVD. Both "versions" seemed to play just fine and I didn't notice anything missing.

I think this may have to do with removing some of the "useless" copy protection files from the DVD. Is this correct? The disc was Underworld: Evolutions btw. I rip my DVDs to the HD for my home theater PC and I just want to make sure I'm making a perfect copy. It seems that the Rip video DVD to harddisk option does something different than just copy the files. What does it do different and does it make any difference? Thanks for the help.

Great, thanks for the prompt reply! I've been very pleased with my AnyDVD trial experience so far and will be purchasing it shortly.

Back