• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Rip to image + warner brothers blurays + dune h1

thetoad

So there seems to be a weirdness in how the udf file system is being built that impacts playbacks on my dune.

Basically for many warner brothers blurays i get a playback aborted with an io error when it tries to go to the menu. The rip itself is fine as it plays back if extracted and if i regenerate the iso (in linux using genisoimage with proper options for blurays) it plays fine as an iso.

Its weird. Ive seen it recently in falling skies (season 4 and 5).

It confuses me but i figure id report it.

I should also note that I dont think I've seen the same behavior with my neotv 550 (though haven't tested that in a while) even though it uses what is effectively the same player, as I believe the neotv 550 loop back mounts the iso image and so the player just sees it as a raw directory structure, while the dune doesn't mount it and use's the player's udf parsing system.

Honestly, this isn't probably high on your priority list, but as I said, I figured I'd report it.

I ran into something that might be related to your Warner Brothers "weirdness" some time back. Somehow (and I haven't ever figured that out), my Panasonic BD player got it's operating system corrupted. At first, I attributed the problem to the newly included Dolby ATMOS track that was being included on some Warner features (ripped discs retained the issue), but then I found all Warner BDs were showing the same problem (even older releases). The problem had similarities to what you describe - the player would play the advertising trailers fine, but when it finished, it would reboot and start them over, never bringing up the menu page (not so good if you want to watch the main feature). Only Warner discs exhibited this issue, and it seemed every one in my library had the fault.

I was beside myself since I couldn't play Warner BDs on my machine until I accidentally found the cure when I played a CD in my machine which apparently cleared the problem. Prior to that, I had done every reset known to BD players, replaced the compact flash card, and exhausted my time with Panasonic, having no success.

There must be something unique to Warner Brothers file system which caused the problem which I've never seen again since my "fix" (knock on wood).

As I said, in this case, I can make it play fine if I rebuild the iso in linux (i.e. instead of generating an ISO in anydvd try just creating the directory structure and burning that to a BR). At least its not something that's just me. :)

Back