• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Rip to Harddisk failure

Marcial

I always rip my movies to the hard drive with AnyDVD before burning a copy. Well, I can no longer do it. The process always stops at the very end and gives me a message that I don't understand.

Attached is a screen shot so that would make it easier to understand, I hope.

Never had that before. What's going on with AnyDVD?

Attachments

• AnyDVD.jpg
    AnyDVD.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 20
I forgot to say that I could rip the original DVD with 1 Click DVD Copy.

Now there is another problem. The log file popped up showing Adobe's logo. Why?

Anyway, I attached AnyDVD_log.txt. Is that the file?

Attachments

• AnyDVD_log.txt
    53.6 KB · Views: 3
No it's not. You need to attach the entire zip file. Not just one txt file. Please follow the instructions. Why it showed up with the Adobe logo, no idea. One possibility is that you have the .ziplog file extension associated with an Adobe application. That's an error on your system, not with the logfile.

Ok, I will try to resolve the error in my system.

Here is the entire zip file as I can see it, unless the system got something wrong.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.0.5.0_Info_E_GALA LECUONA.ziplog
    53.5 KB · Views: 3
I don't think it's going to help. Adobe is taking over. Let me uninstall Adobe first.

you did fine, the file is attached. You don't need to open it, the logfile is used for diagnostic purposes. As to the adobe, all you need to do is to reset the file association. http://www.thewindowsclub.com/change-file-associations-windows to something like winzip, winrar,...

The problem here in your case is that that's not an original disc. It's likely a badly authored (or defective), single layer dvd-r. It carries no protection at all and it barely 1.1 GB in size. Where did you get it.

It's not a commercial DVD. It's a copy someone made for me. It plays perfectly on my DVD player and, like I said, I ripped that same DVD with 1 Click DVD Copy to the hard disk with no problem. That's why I thought that something might be wrong with AnyDVD. The same problem I had with another DVD, also a copy. Let me try a commercial DVD now.

Playing isn't the same as ripping. As to 1 click, well every program does things differently. @James will have to take a look.

Yes, it's evident now that AnyDVD and 1 Click DVD Copy don't work exactly the same way. Ripping the same non-commercial DVD was successful with the latter.

So is that it, that AnyDVD is supposed to work only with regular, commercial DVDs (in addition to being the perfect decryptor)? I am happy with it, that's why I bought it "for life".

On the contrary, AnyDVD works just fine with ripping backups too. Done it myself. It's just that each program acts differently and one program/drive may be more tolerant towards read errors than another. In order to guarantee perfect copies, AnyDVD imposes a 0 tolerance on read errors. If it encounters a read error, the ripping stops. Plain and simple, at that point it may offer you to abort the rip, to ignore and skip the bad sector and continue, but in case of skipping the responsability is then with the user and no longer anydvd.

It happens with drives too. Users often report that ripping with one drive may fail, but when they rip with anydvd too on a different drive it works just fine.

Ok, great to know. I installed a new burner in my PC two or three months ago because a friend told me that this one, Pioneer, is more reliable for Blu-ray discs. I had another burner, LG. I need to update my profile because there have been changes in both the hardware and the software. And I am mostly using the Pioneer.

Yes, it's evident now that AnyDVD and 1 Click DVD Copy don't work exactly the same way. Ripping the same non-commercial DVD was successful with the latter.

So is that it, that AnyDVD is supposed to work only with regular, commercial DVDs (in addition to being the perfect decryptor)? I am happy with it, that's why I bought it "for life".
Sometimes AnyDVD doesn't like unprotected discs. Exit AnyDVD, then try to rip the disc to your hard drive with Windows.

...with Windows? Never tried that. I'll give it a try.

One more thing that I forgot to repeat, this time I did not get the alternatives that Ch3vr0n mentioned above:

"...If it [AnyDVD] encounters a read error, the ripping stops. Plain and simple, at that point it may offer you to abort the rip, to ignore and skip the bad sector and continue..."

The ripping with AnyDVD went all the way thru. I was watching up to 98%, when it reaches that number or 100% (it was so fast at this point that I could not see above any number above 98), then it gives me the messages a copied in a previous post, which I never seen before, and that's why I posted this thread.

What is 603486%? And what is NavigationPack 9 25200 24322 VOBU 4 0 17 Clone 6? I don't remember seeing either one in the past.

Attachments

• AnyDVD.jpg
    AnyDVD.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 12
That % is a bug most likely, it's the progress indicator of how much of the disc has been ripped. The navigation one is for the developers. It points them to what the problem may be

Back