• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

"Rip..." option vs. just copying?

ocd

Is the "Rip Video DVD to Harddisk..." menu option always needed, or is it only needed for discs with structural protection?

Can I just copy the files off of any DVDs without structural protection?

(I ask in part because I think it might be messing up some DVD-Audio discs, so if I can just copy the VIDEO_TS directory, that might be preferable. I want to know what to watch out for when simply copying.)

p.s. Does anybody know of another way to generate the dvdid.xml file (or at least the disc ID)?

Last edited:
if the disc doesnt have structural protection you can copy the files just fine directly. If they do however you need to use the ripper.

if the disc doesnt have structural protection you can copy the files just fine directly. If they do however you need to use the ripper.
Great, thanks!

If I'm not using the ripper, is there another way to get AnyDVD to generate the dvdid.xml file (or for me to get the disc ID myself)? It looks like I might need to disable AnyDVD in order to get the disc ID from Windows.

Great, thanks!

If I'm not using the ripper, is there another way to get AnyDVD to generate the dvdid.xml file (or for me to get the disc ID myself)? It looks like I might need to disable AnyDVD in order to get the disc ID from Windows.

I'm not sure on that?

-W

Great, thanks!

You can add your application to AnyDVD's discid whitelist, and *magic* you'll get the correct disc id.

Back