• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Rip HD-DVD to PC and now?

eckartkl

Sorry for some basic questions, but I am looking for hours with no help.

I ripped a HD-DVD Heartbreak Kid to my hardisk using AnyDVDHD. I have PowerDVD and can play HD-DVD well with a Xbox-HD player.

Now I have all these evo files that I can not play with PowerDVD.

Do I need a different player. Is there a guide somewhere how to play ripped HD-DVD's from a hardisk.

Any insight would be highly appreciated.

Hey Eck

I see 4 solutions in ascending frustration factor, the first three I have used myself:

Install earlier version of PDVD that allows playback from hard drive, my fav is build 3319a.

- or -

Create an .iso using IMGburn 2.4 from HD-DVD using either the folder on hard drive or original disc. Mount said image and playback with your current PDVD.

- or -

Use Nero Showtime w/HD-DVD_bluray plugin to playback, mileage may vary on this one from disc to disc.

- or -

Install new to the block ARCsoft Total Media Theater player.

Last edited:
rlung - Thanks for the info. On my way to google build 3319a.

solution #4 finally worked out. Tested with HD-DVD. Will try tonight with Blue-Ray. Much better/easier player then PDVD. Can highly recommend.

Back