• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Rip BD to MKV

ptolomeus3

Hello,

I looked movies on my TV (55" Sony) through a player (actually one DVD-player and one BD-player, both Panasonic). Now I´m thinking of going for a HDD though. Problem is, that the TV only takes AVI or MKV, so I will have to rip my DVD´s and BD´s to MKV. I´m already accustomed to HD-quality, so I need a software which rips in HD. No need to shrink, just plain High-Quality :rock:
I tried some of the stuf, but the quality was dreadful. Now I´m looking at CloneBD, mkvtoolnix and staxrip. Does anybody have experience with them? Your thoughts about them?

Thanks.

Hello,

I looked movies on my TV (55" Sony) through a player (actually one DVD-player and one BD-player, both Panasonic). Now I´m thinking of going for a HDD though. Problem is, that the TV only takes AVI or MKV, so I will have to rip my DVD´s and BD´s to MKV. I´m already accustomed to HD-quality, so I need a software which rips in HD. No need to shrink, just plain High-Quality :rock:
I tried some of the stuf, but the quality was dreadful. Now I´m looking at CloneBD, mkvtoolnix and staxrip. Does anybody have experience with them? Your thoughts about them?

Thanks.

I'd say MakeMKV is probably the best option currently for untouched quality (no re-encode) to MKV format. It's very easy to use and works very well.
BDRebuilder is another great option, but it is a little harder to setup than MakeMKV.

CloneBD is in the early stages of release and at the moment still requires you to re-encode the video, which works but can take much longer.
I've never used Staxrip and I believe MKVToolNix is used for editing MKV files (once they are ripped)

I'd say MakeMKV is probably the best option currently for untouched quality (no re-encode) to MKV format. It's very easy to use and works very well.
BDRebuilder is another great option, but it is a little harder to setup than MakeMKV.

CloneBD is in the early stages of release and at the moment still requires you to re-encode the video, which works but can take much longer.
I've never used Staxrip and I believe MKVToolNix is used for editing MKV files (once they are ripped)

Thanks Buddy, I tried it out, quality seems really good. Just can´t get the stuf going as I would like too. Got the HDD per USB 3.0 to the TV, I´m getting only spanish which is pretty good for spanish speaking people, but not good for me :disagree: I can´t find the right button to change the language neither. Actually it started with the ripping itself, the how-to-do on the net alway show me MakeMKV giving me a choice of the titles to choose ripping. This doesn´t happen, it just find the BD, ask where to rip it and then starts ripping :confused:
Actually, when playing with TMT on my pc, it´s ok, ´cause I do get the menu where I can choose the language :clap:
Don´t know how to get this done for the HDD <=> TV :(

Thanks Buddy, I tried it out, quality seems really good. Just can´t get the stuf going as I would like too. Got the HDD per USB 3.0 to the TV, I´m getting only spanish which is pretty good for spanish speaking people, but not good for me :disagree: I can´t find the right button to change the language neither. Actually it started with the ripping itself, the how-to-do on the net alway show me MakeMKV giving me a choice of the titles to choose ripping. This doesn´t happen, it just find the BD, ask where to rip it and then starts ripping :confused:
Actually, when playing with TMT on my pc, it´s ok, ´cause I do get the menu where I can choose the language :clap:
Don´t know how to get this done for the HDD <=> TV :(

In MakeMKV just to the left of the check box for the title you want is a "drop down" menu ( a right pointing triangle). Expand the drop down deselect spanish and select english.

In MakeMKV just to the left of the check box for the title you want is a "drop down" menu ( a right pointing triangle). Expand the drop down deselect spanish and select english.

Thanks Buddy, now I know how to do that :bowdown: Sadly, my "viewing partners" (Sony Bravia 50W828B & HDD WD Elements) are a bit touchy and do not intend to collaborate :mad: Funny though, that the first try, without the advance usage, did work with really HQ picture (but with the wrong language) :confused:

Back