Rip and Play with PowerDVD

Discussion in 'AnyDVD HD (Blu-ray issues)' started by raeldor, Jan 30, 2008.

1. raeldor

raeldor New Member

Hi All,

I ripped a BD using AnyDVD HD, but it rips to a directory not an ISO. I was expecting to have to mount an ISO, as I can't seem to play back the directory using PowerDVD7 as the ok button is grayed out.

Any tips would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Rael

2. mlrtymwest

mlrtymwest Member

Hi Raeldor,

I'm fairly new to this stuff as well....but if you have a look through the forums you'll see that you'll need to download Imgburn and DAEMON tools to view your backed up movie.

Imgburn will convert your AnyDVD folder into an ISO and you can then mount the ISO with DAEMON tools.

From what I read it looks like the ability to play directly from the hard drive was removed from Power DVD. You'll have to hunt for earlier versions of Power DVD if you want this capability

Cheers

3. SamuriHL

SamuriHL Retired Moderator

Just a side note here...I would delete the folder on the hard drive and re-rip with ImgBurn's read mode. Make sure AnyDVD HD is running when you create the ISO to create a decrypted ISO. Then mount it with Daemon Tools and you should be all set.

4. Adbear

Adbear Well-Known Member

or roll back your powerdvd to version 3319a which is the last build that allows playing folders from the harddrive

5. eraser2002

eraser2002 Member

Does this ISO method work with BD+ titles?

thanks

6. SamuriHL

SamuriHL Retired Moderator

Only if you use an older version of PowerDVD with it.

7. mobileh264

mobileh264 Active Member

Sorry to jam up the forum but would you kindly Private Message me a download link to 3319a. I've searched high and low with no luck!

I have the following aged versions in my repo. if anyone's interested

3192 (last version to allow DxVA to be swtiched off)
    3104a (Allows BD+ from hard drive directory playback)
    3319f (disables hdd playback but can be retrofitted to re-allow playback.. details somewhere else on this forum)