• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Retention of ISO file on hard drive

tjbailey

When I use AnyDVD/CloneDVD2 to back up my DVD's, I like to retain the ISO file on my hard drive until I have had a chance to play the actual backup completely t make sure there are no glitches. For some reason, it just doesn't happen. Everything in the process works fine to the atual burn of the backup however there is never an ISO file left on my hard drive.

delete temp video files is unchecked...

I don't see any other options that should affect this problem one way or the other. any ideas??

Retaining the ISO file

[
You're selecting "ISO/UDF image" under "output method", right?

If you want to make a full disc iso, choose "Write existing data".

What I would like to be able to do is a complete "1 Step" from rip to burn and also capture the ISO file on my hard drive. I am able to do the "1 step" but the iso file is never there so I have to do another step to create the ISO. Using the "Write existing data" option doesn't appear to be the solution. Maybe there just isn't a way to do it.

[

What I would like to be able to do is a complete "1 Step" from rip to burn and also capture the ISO file on my hard drive. I am able to do the "1 step" but the iso file is never there so I have to do another step to create the ISO. Using the "Write existing data" option doesn't appear to be the solution. Maybe there just isn't a way to do it.

You can make the ISO first, but you must choose ISO/UDF as the output method as Webslinger has suggested. Underneath, you browse to the output directory of you choice. (harddrive) You can use the Write existing data option to burn this image, but of course the iso has to be converted to dvd files to burn to disk.
It is a "2" step method, but will give you the image on your harddrive you desire. (not sure why you want to keep the iso?)

there is an option to delete data after burning that is always selected unless you change it. it is on the last page before you start the burning. i think this is what you are looking for.
________
Ipod Games

Last edited:
What I would like to be able to do is a complete "1 Step" from rip to burn and also capture the ISO file on my hard drive.

You can't. Clonedvd2 remasters video files. It doesn't create ISOs unless you're specifying "iso" as an output method. As bmfcamaro stated, you can find the files Clonedvd2 processed to your hard drive before burning--but those won't be isos.

If you just want to rip once and keep that rip to produce more backups, then choose not to delete the data after burning.

If you just want to rip once and keep that rip to produce more backups, then choose not to delete the data after burning.

I think the OP believes that an iso, is what is written to a dvd when it is burnt.

I think the OP believes that an iso, is what is written to a dvd when it is burnt.

Ah posters, that is not what the Op thinks at all, he is at least smart enough to look at the files compiled on the backup copy created to see that they contain the necessary ifo, bup, and vob files in the video directory to allow playback on a DVD player.

To others that have wondered why I want to keep the ISo file, it is because I have experienced burned copies of supposedly sucessful backups that have playback problems, due entirely I am sure to bad media. For me, becasue I have access to huge hard drive storage, it is just plain easier to retain the ISO for later reburns.
comments and psots like those above in response to my question are one reason many people don't participate in this type of forum.

Last edited:
Ah sockeye smartass, that is not what the Op thinks at all, he is at least smart enough to look at the files compiled on the backup copy created to see that they contain the necessary ifo, bup, and vob files in the video directory to allow playback on a DVD player.

To others that have wondered why I want to keep the ISo file, it is because I have experienced burned copies of supposedly sucessful backups that have playback problems, due entirely I am sure to bad media. For me, becasue I have access to huge hard drive storage, it is just plain easier to retain the ISO for later reburns.

To sockeye, take your attitude and shove it... You are one reason many people don't participate in this type of forum because of condesending buttheads like you!

I don't believe sockeye was being condescending. I got the feeling sockeye felt I was approaching the problem from the wrong angle. One of the biggest problems with communicating over ubbs is trying to understand the intent of what people write. I honestly don't think sockeye was trying to insult you (and neither was I, for that matter).

I'd like to remind you of the forum rules:

http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=4

"While debating and discussion is fine, we will not tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks or purposeless inflammatory posts. Our decision is final in these matters."

Please do not insult other Slysoft forum users, especially those that may be just trying to help you. :policeman:

Last edited:
I don't believe sockeye was being condescending. I got the feeling sockeye felt I was approaching the problem from the wrong angle. One of the biggest problems with communicating over ubbs is trying to understand the intent of what people write. I honestly don't think sockeye was trying to insult you (and neither was I, for that matter).
"I'd like to remind you of the forum rules:"

If I violated forum rules, please accept my apologies and, in looking back, it was your comment that set me off and the one I considerd to be condesending. Again, if I am offending you, that is not my intent if your comment was ment to be constructive. My suggestion would have been to direct it at me, the poster, by saying telling me that an ISO file is not what is burned. why keep me in the third pereson?

tjbailey said:
My suggestion would have been to direct it at me, the poster, by saying telling me that an ISO file is not what is burned. why keep me in the third pereson?

Possibly because typing "OP" is faster than typing your username, I guess--and maybe because, at the time of the reply, you weren't on the boards . . .

Again, I think sockeye was telling me that maybe I was approaching the problem from the wrong angle. And I thought, "Gee, that would suck considering I already tried to answer the question as best I could." That's why I typed, "That would be unfortunate."

I wasn't trying to insult you in any way. I'm trying to help as many people as I can (within reason) on these boards.

By the way, it's impossible to tell how much knowledge each individual has who posts. In general, I don't get insulted if strangers tell me things I already know (because they don't know me, it would be impossible for them to determine what I know already). :)

Last edited:
Back